Van conversion insurance and breakdown cover with extended breakdown cover help ! (1 Viewer)

redbox

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
I have converted our panel van and booked on the ferry for France the end of October.
With just a few jobs to complete we have been looking at insurance and breakdown cover for Europe,as we are now both retired,,we intend to do some European touring.
However all the quotes we are getting back limit you to either 1 breakdown "per trip" ?hardly peace of mind cover.
Another has a max of 30 days in a year abroad?
How do you all do it?
Would ideally like full cover for as many or few trips abroad as we want or at least 90 days cover,so we still have the option if we go and come back to return to Europe later.
Have tried all the companies like Adrian Flux,ccc clubcare,and a few others but need to know we are covered,not expecting to break down but surely the whole point of "breakdown" cover is peace of mind at all stages,not the first 30 Days !
Many thanks for helpful suggestions

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
try saga . many of my mates use them and get b365 days cover and cheap breakdown /recovery. .
i was with them but they decided not to cover fifth wheelers so i left them or they left me .
mind they did warn me to swap before they refused cover.

OP
OP
redbox

redbox

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Ok thanks,I will give them a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
redbox

redbox

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Saga don't cover self builds apparently.
I have decided Green flag breakdown sounds most comprehensive,so gone for that,just need insurance now !

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Adrian Flux arranged insurance for my first camper which was a home conversion by the previous owner. Might be worth a try.

OP
OP
redbox

redbox

Free Member
Apr 16, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Gone for green flag plus Europe breakdown as seems to offer best cover abroad.
With "multiple" breakdowns covered,can't see the point of Rac and others only having one call out per trip,I want to know I m covered
"if "breakdowns occur rather than travel without for hundreds of miles,should it happen in the first week!
Now insured with 2Gether insurance,apparently underwritten by L/V and offered what seems good cover ,only proviso being I have to register it as a camper within 90 days.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back