Free Member
Mar 10, 2015
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Since 2015
Went down to Van Bitz last week and had their Strikeback alarm fitted. Thought I'd just post to say what a nice company to deal with and an excellent fitting job they did. I had the standard Strikeback alarm but also had an extra siren and led fitted. Included in the price was a nights stay at their campsite which is very clean and tidy and great just to drive round to their workshops in the morning. They took their time to go though the installation and explain options then they gave me a lift into Taunton to spend the morning whilst they did the work (Taunton has a nice nice museum to visit plus recommend Country Stores Department Store/Cafe for a blow-out full english breakfast).

Also thank you MotorhomeFun for the 10% discount.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They are a great outfit.

A little tip though:

Book in to have the job done before 26th September 2015.

That's the day Wales will diss England in the rugby World Cup and it may be that the quality will suffer after that for a few days. It's difficult to see through tears after all.

Just an opinion from me of course and an attempt to help fellow Funsters(y):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
Visited Van Bitz to have a solar panel and air con unit fitted.
I found them refreshingly professional and James most helpful.
Enjoyed the couple of days on site and our first visit to Taunton so in all a good experience I would not hesitate in recommending there services to anyone else.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thank you for your kind comments, well in the main kind comments, lol I have reported the offending post suggesting that England may loose to Wales in the Rugby World Cup
aaa.JPG

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Went down to Van Bitz last week and had their Strikeback alarm fitted. Thought I'd just post to say what a nice company to deal with and an excellent fitting job they did. I had the standard Strikeback alarm but also had an extra siren and led fitted. Included in the price was a nights stay at their campsite which is very clean and tidy and great just to drive round to their workshops in the morning. They took their time to go though the installation and explain options then they gave me a lift into Taunton to spend the morning whilst they did the work (Taunton has a nice nice museum to visit plus recommend Country Stores Department Store/Cafe for a blow-out full english breakfast).

Also thank you MotorhomeFun for the 10% discount.
Eddie was away then!

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Just returned from Vanbitz. They make spending money so enjoyable!
Solar panels & controller, Victron integrated inverter/charger and larger battery bank, plus going beyond expectations in de-bugging satellite TV problem. Repeat business from installing quality and convenient security kit last year.
It's rather like getting professionals in at home instead of tackling challenging DIY yourself. You CAN do it, but you simply do not have the wealth of experience needed to do a classy job.
It's a well-thought out business.

Dave

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
Another thumbs up for Van Bitz. Had a full growler system fitted on Wednesday 22nd March to my new Fifer and it was an entirely painless experience. The fitting was exceptionally neat and unobtrusive (well the blue LEDS are anything but unobtrusive when lit up).
The Funster discount is very welcome and offset some of the £200 worth of diesel needed for the 1100 mile round trip, a trip I was willing to make because this is my second Van Bitz alarm and my second Fifer !

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Thank you for your comments it was nice to see you both again

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
DO NOT make the mistake I made yesterday, and forget to turn the alarm off!!
Unlocked van, put keys in pocket and got in. I couldn't even think straight enough to remember which pocket the keys were in.
Damned effective.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back