Van Bitz Non Starter text messages

Discussion in 'Motorhome Security' started by grumfy, Dec 19, 2015.

1. grumfy

grumfy Funster

Yesterday had bunch of work done at Van Bitz - tried to take in all the handover stuff but lost some of it following a nights sleep. Catching up now though by reading through the booklets etc that VB supply. There does remain one question, how do android phone users store and send the coded messages for Non Starter without having to retype them each time?
    I have not dared try this system out yet and will wait until Monday in case it all goes wrong for me and I have to phone up VB for a talk through.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I have my van set as a phone contact. When I want to send it a message and arm or DisarmI just look through the text "conversation" then copy and paste the alarm command I want. (y) There are apps that will copy snippets of text for you so you can paste them at will.

• Like Like x 1
  3. grumfy

grumfy Funster

Thanks Jim, that sounds a reasonable work around but I had hoped there was something like the "quick response" system that I could set up. Then I could simply select the quick response type message I wanted to send without copying and pasting etc.

4. petethemover

petethemover Funster

I use an app on android called "iKey track" that works well. A bit fiddly to set up though.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Have you considered downloading Message Templates from the App
    Store?
    Simply enter your messages one time only, then send them direct to any on your phone contacts
    It's very quick and easy

• Like Like x 1