Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Anyone been? My Italian friend went last year and is going again as they loved it so much
The pictures are stunning
Check out google images
Broken Link Removed
image.jpg

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Went about 35 years ago with a tent in the boot, afraid all I can remember all the Italians getting in their cars about 10:30pm & screaming up & down the road outside the site with horns blaring for about an hour, I think it was on one of their bank holidays, oh and the turd floating in the pissary in Aosta.:LOL:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Its on the list as a pass through place this year....but having seen the piccies I think passing through wouldnt really do it justice!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's the gateway to Maggiore.

But nothing I remember stands out like the roads we've just been on from Florence to Germany.

We used to do Chamonix to Maggiore but last time I needed intensive care after paying the Mont Blanc price.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Yes just a few days ago, but we came in from French Alpes on the D1090 and went straight into the Grand Paradiso National Park and back out again dashed down to the coast on the A5 so total missed it sorry:doh::crying: but the Paradiso is stunning as well so have a look while your there, there are a few pics it it on my French post,
We Are Off Yahoooooo (y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We've been along it once when we were daft enough to pay the Mont Blanc Tunnel toll, and it's spectacular in its immense overpowering majesty. But enough of the toll fee, the valley's not bad either.

We prefer to go the Grenoble - Briancon - Montgenevre route now - stunning scenery and no long tedious tunnels to pay for.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There is a new cable car ride there, just after you've passed through the Mont Blanc Tunnel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
About 25 years ago I was working in Geneva and the agent that found me my apartment told me I had to go to Courmayeur in Val DAosta and told me the way to do it was to drive to Chamonix, get the cable car up to the Aiguile de midi, then get another cable car over the glacier and another one down into Courmayeur.
Once on Courmayeur we should eat at a restaurant called La Maison fe Filippo which is famous locally.
It was a really hot summer day when we went and we parked our car in the car park by the cable car station but by the time we got to the Aiguille de Midi clouds had descended and the next cable car was closed so we had to descend back to the bottom. By this time there was a huge queue to go down which wasn't great because we were dressed in shorts and sandals and the Aiguille is nearly 12,000 feet so it was more than a bit nippy!
When we got down we weren't to be beaten so we took the Mont Blamc tunnel to Courmayeur, found Filippos and had one of the best dining experiences of my life.
I found a recent reveiw of Filippos, and it looks like it hasn't changed a bit: http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/la-maison-de-filippo-courmayeur
Expensive, but a real experience. :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back