Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Morning.
I'm looking on Mappy to plan a route to the Loire, we have decided to do one long drive but want to check that the time mappy is telling me is realistic? It says 5 hours 20 mins from Valery sur somme to Bloise is this correct? we are looking for a nice village to stop for lunch and a lok round half way, so any recommendations welcome.
Just add we're looking at not using Toll roads.
Also what are the chances of getting a spot in the Aires if you arrive late afternoon?

Thanks Diane

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Morning.
I'm looking on Mappy to plan a route to the Loire, we have decided to do one long drive but want to check that the time mappy is telling me is realistic? It says 5 hours 20 mins from Valery sur somme to Bloise is this correct? we are looking for a nice village to stop for lunch and a lok round half way, so any recommendations welcome.
Just add we're looking at not using Toll roads.
Also what are the chances of getting a spot in the Aires if you arrive late afternoon?

Thanks Diane
Google maps says 4 hours35 mins, no tolls(y)
Good big aire in bloise close to town centre, shouldn't be a problem getting on, this time of the year.

OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Google maps says 4 hours35 mins, no tolls(y)
Good big aire in bloise close to town centre, shouldn't be a problem getting on, this time of the year.
That's interesting, just checked it out and it's the same route as mappy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I went that route only last Saturday... Rouen, Evreux, Dreux, Chartres, Blois... Easy, plenty of places to stop...Chartres, Bonneval, Chateaudun

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
I don't exactly know as we carried on further than Blois...I would have thought about the 4.5 hrs, driving not including a stop for coffee.. Other than the traffic lights on the N12 and a few roundabouts at Dreux and Chartres you are able to cruise along at your own speed.. For ease we used a short stretch of toll road at Rouen, all of 3 euros I think..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back