Valentine Meet (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We are setting off Friday after picking Emily up from school, its gonna be fun parking anywhere near, but it'll be easy to get onto the A47 and on our way to sunny Scunny. Think we will be leaving Sunday as we have a business and if we get any bookings for the Monday we have to be back as its also a short week for us coz we are off again the following weekend to Grafham Water.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
We are setting off Friday after picking Emily up from school, its gonna be fun parking anywhere near, but it'll be easy to get onto the A47 and on our way to sunny Scunny. Think we will be leaving Sunday as we have a business and if we get any bookings for the Monday we have to be back as its also a short week for us coz we are off again the following weekend to Grafham Water.

Thanks for that Graham and Dale:thumb:

The majority of us will be leaving Sunday as well I think there is only one person staying over until the Monday.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi Pammy,
Ive sent you a pm with the reg no. We shall be arriving on Friday. Its non uniform day at school and they finish at 2.30.pm.
So that gives us extra time.
It should take me about 1.5 hours to get to Ralph and the MH over the Humber Bridge , from Wakefield.
So how ever long it would take to get to you from the Humber Bridge??
I haven't a clue::bigsmile:
We should be there before 6pm though, i guess.
We are really looking forward to it , we will be leaving Sunday too.
Do we need to bring anything along, for a raffle or supper or anything?
We don't know what you funsters get up to on these rallies.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I too was gonna ask what we needed to bring along for the weekend. Emily has just asked if there is going to be other children there - she thought she was going to be the only one. Ordered a window sticker last night so I hope it arrives before Friday.

kevandmarg

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Colne, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I too was gonna ask what we needed to bring along for the weekend. Emily has just asked if there is going to be other children there - she thought she was going to be the only one. Ordered a window sticker last night so I hope it arrives before Friday.

Only one? We have one each end::bigsmile:

Kev

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Emily has just asked if there is going to be other children there - she thought she was going to be the only one.

Hiya,
We've got Isabel and Isaac aged 13 year 8 , and Jacob aged 15 year 10.
No doubt they will be taking their I pod touches , Nintendo ds's to keep them occupied in the pub.
I Doubt they'll be taking scooters or bikes, its for-casted to be chilly!
See you there.
Bev

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
H
Do we need to bring anything along, for a raffle or supper or anything?
We don't know what you funsters get up to on these rallies.
Bev

Hi Bev

The only thing we could do with is a couple more of gazebos if there are any to be had. Unfortunately our awning got damaged at the New Year meet and although everything is back in it's rightful place, the awning fabric is still in America. When it arrived at the shipping agents it was damaged so the agent refused to forward it on. We need the gazebos for the Sunday morning as I would like to do breakfast for everyone. Apart from that everything is covered.

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
For anyone that is enquiring about Children, here is the up to date list of funsters attending this meet.

Pammy & Geo
RuthRV & Tony Santara
Bryan & Suzy & Steffi
Hilldweller (Brian & Dinah)
Jock & Rita
Chris & Gail (Cpease)
Steve & Jan (SandJ)
Al & Gill (Algill)
Kev & Marg (KevandMarg)
The Stig (The Stig + one and 2 BC's)
Mike, Sally and Marcus the Dog (Ehuplad)
Graham, Dale & Emily (Gwnking)
TheTwoOfUs
Graham, Jean and Millie (JaG)
Bob and Val (Weekenders)
John and Bruno (Road Runner)
Ian & Eileen (Lookback)
John & Ruth (John Dean)
Bev, Ralph, Jacob, Isabel, Isaac and 2 border terriers (Ralph-n-Bev)
Eddie and Di (Family Guy)
Froghopper
John & Jean (Onion)
JawsMC
Denzil (Denise, Wil, Hannah (9 years) and Amy (6)

Hope this helps

Really looking forward to this meet, rain, snow or blow :thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi pammy we have a pop up gazebo we will bring a long
jeff

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I will make sure Emily puts her DS and Ipod in and enough charge as we dont have a genny to boost up. She will be shy for about an hour but then when she comes round she will be fine.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
I will make sure Emily puts her DS and Ipod in and enough charge as we dont have a genny to boost up. She will be shy for about an hour but then when she comes round she will be fine.

Our 3 will be the same.
AND i know they are not shy !
They are the sort of kids that sit glued to the chair (or my hip) till the last 15 mins of a kids disco , then decide to join in , enjoy it , and then dont want to go home.

I dont know if your interested but we have a charger that you plug into the cigarette lighter bit , in the cab or MH. It charges the DS and I pods. You can get them all over the place ( maplins , tkmaxx , toys r us , currys etc.) Not expensive and a life saver on long journeys.
Bev:thumb:

denzil

Free Member
Oct 23, 2009
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nov 2009
Our 3 will be the same.
AND i know they are not shy !
They are the sort of kids that sit glued to the chair (or my hip) till the last 15 mins of a kids disco , then decide to join in , enjoy it , and then dont want to go home.

I dont know if your interested but we have a charger that you plug into the cigarette lighter bit , in the cab or MH. It charges the DS and I pods. You can get them all over the place ( maplins , tkmaxx , toys r us , currys etc.) Not expensive and a life saver on long journeys.
Bev:thumb:

I'll make sure we have the DSs with us. Must look out for those chargers as the DSs do help journeys pass with less hassle! My eldest is not at all shy, but is a bit worried that she will be too young for the others. She's very chatty though and will happily bend the ear of anyone prepared to listen :Smile:. Look forward to meeting you all.

Denise

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Flippin eck its a fun meet no need to drug em:Eeek:::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Denise ,
don't worry about your girls being too young for the older kids.
Are our 3 the eldest at 13 and 15 ?
In fact if the other children are younger , our 3 will be more relaxed!
Our Izzi loves little ones .

Bev

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I think we have a charger but thinking about it, it may be for the DVD player so better check my car.

The older children will make good baby sitters, so just sit back and enjoy the weekend. I am so looking forward to it but Graham is worried I may have to buy a round of drinks:whatthe:

A question asked in an earlier post was do we need to bring anything, like for a raffle or whatever else.

Now off to drug Emz coz she wont go to sleep.

Mummy Bear

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
A question asked in an earlier post was do we need to bring anything, like for a raffle or whatever else.

I'm sure I answered this question actually, but not to worry I get quite a lot of senior moments at the moment eg

I gave the other half 2 knives to eat his dinner with tonight
I lost my mobile phone this morning and found it 15 minutes later in my makeup bag
:ROFLMAO:

Anyway to answer your question, no - we tend to run raffles at the much bigger meets like the motorhome shows. Chances are there will be one at the first Newark Show. This meet is to start the season off by celebrating valentine's day - chilling, eating, drinking and putting the world to rights.:thumb:

Oh and we will be celebrating a birthday and a wedding anniversary too :thumb:

It should be a good meet.

See you all soon.
Pammy

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Oh and we will be celebrating a birthday and a wedding anniversary too

Thats what Grahams worried about, in case I have one too many and say the drinks are on me ::bigsmile: Looking forward to the weekend

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Oh and we will be celebrating a birthday and a wedding anniversary too

Thats what Grahams worried about, in case I have one too many and say the drinks are on me ::bigsmile: Looking forward to the weekend

I've got news for you ..... we're all banking on that :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Weather

Metcheck is now making it all look doable from all directions.

Maybe a hint of sleet but nothing more.

Let's hope that they are right.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We have snow, and I am praying it goes for Friday. Thankfully we brought Peg home from storage last night to get packed for the weekend.

Dale

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
White Sky's and sunshine and snow flakes over this way.
Dont mind cold, rather have it than wet!
At least our MH will be warmed right through ready , with Ralph being on hook up in it for 3 week!!
Downside is Ive got to pack everything in the car, and take it down to the CL hes on in Humberside , once Ive picked the kids up Friday.

Woke up to a smelly accident in the back room from our 13 year old border terrier. Now i know why we got little dogs ::bigsmile:
Only just finished mopping cleaning. Bathing the dogs.
Gipping.
UUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH
Just what you don't need on an empty stomach .

Poor thing she new what shed done too. I hope its a one off , not an age thing.
Or shes of to the vets :winky:
The 18 month pup had jumped over the gate to sleep in the kitchen , something hes never done before. To get away from it.
I hope she gets it out of her system before the weekend . Think I'll take the dog cage just in case.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bev

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I've told Emily she has to get a Panini before leaving school on Friday as we aint going through a McDonalds drive through :roflmto:. We aim to be there around 7.30 - 8pm depending on traffic, and if it snows real bad I am going to keep Emily off school so we can set off earlier as Graham and I are only working the morning. Hope my Funster sticker arrives soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back