Val thorens expeditionary mission part 2

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by haganap, Feb 9, 2013.

1. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Well we're booked.

After debating debating arguing with Nikki we have finally booked in to VT for our forthcoming ski mission.

We wanted to go to Les Menuires but that was just when it was Nikki I and the boys. We thought we might take in a few resorts at the same time.

But

But

But.

Then came another, and then another and then another and then another..........You know how it is. Mention a bit of skiing and snow fun in the French Alps and they just cant resist. :Wink:
    As its the busiest time of the year and looking at various webcams we are playing it safe for the 3rd year on the trot. Not that there is nothing wrong with VT, the best ski area in Europe for sure.

So we leave Wednesday and hit the Slopes Friday Morning. If your about the area, give us a shout I promise, you won't miss us.

In convoy there is

Haggers
    Driving
    Edgy
    Red dragon
    Forestboy.

Some have never skied, some have skied for Britain, so it should be a laugh...:Laughing:

2. Lynn ( Mrs Ash )

Lynn ( Mrs Ash ) Read Only Funster

I'm trying to talk Steve into heading back there to join you all but he's having none of it :cry::cry:
    Have a fab time & watch this space ..... You never know :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Have a brilliant time, with the funsters going with you you are bound to have fun, keep us posted.:Smile:

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

and no ringing me at bloody midnight Paul......i wont answer :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

WE DON'T CARE!!!!!!

Actually we do and we are on the phone to the Samaritans........:cry:

• Like Like x 3
  6. champers

champers Funster Life Member

We have the same thoughts as Lynn -Mrs Ash only have to wait for the passports to be returned to us / renewal jobby ...but then we can perhaps run the course without them

xxx lolol:thumb::thumb: yay hay Lisa n Brian

But Paul that is what is good with VT your spot is saved ..I guess you take your chance at Les M ..it looked good as we descended home but there were quite a few there parked up when nearly empty at VT

As more than VT ( only us funsters mainly at Vt .)you take your chance But sincerely wish you all a fab time n if our passports return in time you never know who might turn up lolol

Don't forget to post some pics xx

Looks like chains will be used so hope all have them n practiced putting them on as when in the freezing snow temps so
    much harder to do xx

JohnnKath

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We're off tomorrow 10am gonna spend a couple of days in Brugges then meet the rest of the gang in VT. Just got back from Bristol been to the theatre to see the new version of Oliver.

• Like Like x 2
  8. edgy

edgy Funster

Hi Kath i would love to see you and john on the slopes. You only need photographic ID so dont wait for the passports. If you come i will let you know where we are i will leave you one of my snow angels.:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. haganap

As you can see this is the pic of the aire at Les M as of today. We had no intention of going to VT due to its landscape. However, I have spoken with the owners whom have promised a better spot for us.

I would of gone to Les M and not been worried too much if it was just Nikki and I, and we would of moved to other resorts but as soon as people wanted to come you have to make alternative plans. This is probably the last year that we will be going half term week or maybe just one more. The we would go a week later and go where we like. Last week the aire at Les M had 6 vans on it, given that scenario it's a better bet than VT.

Of course, I love VT anyway so it's no problem, still the best skiing around for those adventurous ones amongst us and still a great area for those that have never skied.

As for snow chains, I don't need to worry about them, Edgy and Mark are well trained in putting them on. As payment for taking them they are putting them on for me whilst I sit in the van drinking hot chocolate.

There's been so much snow in VT the last 10 days that there simply can not be anymore to fall. Looking at the web cams there has been 5 consecutive white out days so hoping things change, come this week......:Eeek::Cool:

So stop beating around the bush Kath & John, get loaded and see you there Friday lunchtime. :Wink:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. haganap

At -30 today up on the top mate, your snow angel picture is going to be one worth seeing. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

think you might want to keep ya pants on with a banana stuffed down there:Rofl1:

11. edgy

edgy Funster

Snow is snow how can it be any colder . But yes banana could be a good point with or without snow:Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. champers

champers Funster Life Member

We would love to join you but can't take the stress of no passports ... Edgy I will explain when I see you next ..

The road down was never clear as your pic all the time we were there ... Also look out for the phantom sex visitors if you are in the space beyond ( speak with Monsi lol also a strange woman kept loitering about .... If anyone need spectacles etc or new goggles go to 2300 optic which is at the top of the 3 rd magic carpet .. Great opticians :thumb:

Have fun.... fingers crossed our passports will return in time but doubt as mine have further to travel than Johns ( haggers will explain )

Have a good trip all and much fun xx

John n Kath xx

13. bungy

bungy Funster

WOOHOOOO - we have a new 'its an American Thing':Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Forestboy

Well had a great start to the trip.
    Filling up with water the hose came loose and soaked me then I slipped and hurt my back finally collected the skis and got away 2 hours late . Half way to Folkestone I noticed a bit of clutch slip :Doh: Anyway decided to carry on to Brugges tomorrow and decide what to do depending on the clutch. Anyway now parked near Folkstone spilled a coffee over the steering wheel and its been snowing for 3 hours and sticking and my bloody backs agony :cry: Oh the joy of travel eh !!!

15. bungy

bungy Funster

Mucho ouches :Eeek: but look on the positive side...it can only get better:Laughing:

Clares just asked...has Jan not got a spell that can help?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Forestboy

Only get better eh!! Just been outside must be a good 3 or 4 inches of snow now and we're at the bottom of a nice slope.
    Don't know about a spell she just threatened to stab me with a knitting needle if I don't stop moaning:Eeek:

• Like Like x 4
  17. bungy

bungy Funster

sorted...skies, slope, snow....whatcha need to go to the alps for :Rofl1:

a thought....can acupuncture be done with knitting needles?:Wink:

seriously though...hope the back settles down, alternate hot and cold compresses used to work for me...so hot water bottle and a roll in the snow should work wonders:Eeek:

18. haganap

God Rory stop moaning.....all you've got is a bad Back a slipping clutch a water leak and a few inches of snow....

Here's the plan

Take voltarol for the pain.
    The clutch will do 1000s yet
    Get some putty for the water leak
    And get ya skis out and get in the snow chuck one at her whilst she's knitting....see. You Thursday night:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Forestboy

You're right Paul and I forgot the good news. The front of the van is now nice and warm with that small pump fitted even tonight in this weather. :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  20. haganap

Bungy, I've added you as home based technical support services. Any info we need will come from your little welsh command centre...

Any pictures will be emailed you for immediate erection on to here...

It's a tough job but an important one...