Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
Can anyone recommend a bagless vacuum cleaner for my motorhome. Ideally it should have the following qualities:
1) bagless
2) either mains or rechargable battery
3) Has got to be powerful enough to be able to cope with copious quantities of dog hair
4) COMPACT! Must be able to fit into space which is at a premium in our Autocruise Starspirit.

Has anyone tried the small (compact) Dyson? I have heard it's quite good, but the wife had a "big" Dyson once and was'nt impressed at all! She is therefore reluctant to have another Dyson.

Many thanks
Martin

Baldy

Free Member
May 8, 2008
The open road
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
officially since 22 feb 2010
Bagless vacuum cleaner

We use a Vax quicklite. It's small, compact and very powerful. bear in mind that we are "tuggers" for now. It stores quite comfortably under the sofa.

We got it from comet, it has never let us down.

It also has an adjustment for different grades of floor, from linoleum/laminate to deep shag pile carpet. We have cats so we really needed one that sucked, :roflmto:oops, In a good way I mean. :winky:

Hope this helps

nettypoole

Free Member
Apr 30, 2008
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2008
I have one of the original small dyson vacs in my house.

Its suction is great but the charge doesn't last very long, and the catch on the dust chamber is very stiff to open to get ride of the dirt.

The catch problem has been sorted on the more recent models (I tried one at a show recently), and the run time is more than enough to clean the floor of our MH.

The biggest downside has to be the cost compared with other models available.

Having said that - I probably will get the animal version for our van as I find dog hairs are really hard to get out of the pile of our carpet.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Forgot to say with the brush attached it picks up ginger dog hairs great:thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back