Vaccines (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
why, oh why do dog vaccines only last a year.

we get vaccinated for life for measles, mumps, rubella ect and have the odd jab for tetnus

i'm sure the vet scientist could find a permenant vaccine but then thats doing the vets out of a job.

just taken ours for their annual ripoff and for the four of 'em + some steriods for one it cost £216.:Angry:.

john.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Ours has a 3 year vaccine (still costs an arm and a leg)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi everyone.

I know this is an old post but, I have only just read it.

I do not give my 3 bichon frise annual vaccines as I feel that annual topup injections for our dogs is not good for them. My dogs had their first and second year vaccination but no more since then. My dogs are happy and healthy.

Please read the following article and make up your own mind.

There is a lot of information on the net about whether annual vaccinations is good for your pets or not.

Dog Vaccinations Yes or No

I feel that vets just vaccinate because it is money in their pocket.

Have you noticed when you take your dog to the vets, the vet treats your dog with whatever, and then says that he/she would like to see the dog again in maybe a weeks time to make sure it is getting better.

I never make that second appointment anymore because I feel it is a rip off.

In my opinion, if I know when the dog is ill and take it to the vet for treatment then I can also tell when it is better without the vet needing to verify that it is better and then charge me another £20 to tell me it is better.

What are your views on this?

Lesley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bugsy

Free Member
Oct 25, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since December 2008
Hi all.

The dog/cat probably doesn't need an annual vacination. The problem arises when you want to book your animal into a kennel or cattery; they insist on seeing the vaccination certificate to verify that the animal has its annual jabs!

Toni

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Sorry I never thought about that scenario, as I have a friend who stays in my bungalow to look after my dogs when I am away.

So my dogs stay at home. I do not know what I would do if anything happened to my friend. I would maybe have to take them with me or put them in kennels.
I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Lesley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back