Vacanza, Lunar's new camper car (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Lunar is returning to the motorhome market with a new campervan. Sadly, no pictures.. and not much information.. It will be launched at the Spring Caravan and Camping Show NEC 19th 24th Feb 2013

The Vacanza is a totally new approach to a camping vehicle – it’s not a van with a bed in it, nor is it something that sits on the drive for most of the year: think of it as the perfect second car.

Compact enough and manoeuvrable enough to get into town or take the kids to school, and powered by its economical 1.5 dCi engine, the Vacanza is not your usual cumbersome camper van. With its high riding driving position and excellent field of vision (including the rear view camera for when you’re reversing)and air conditioning, you really are travelling in style. You’ll be travelling safely too, as the Vacanza has European Whole Type Approval.

You and the family have got to where you want to be – miles from anywhere. This is where the new Vacanza Camper Car really comes into its own, and your adventure really begins. Coming from Lunar, you know that we’ve made every square inch of space work hard to give you the practicality and luxury you’re looking for. Prepare and cook a tasty dinner using its fridge, large work surface, three burner hob and its oven. Turn the two front seats around (a unique feature in a vehicle of this size) and enjoy a family meal at the table… there’s even a sink for the washing up.

Link Removed

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Not for me Jim, but that sounds very interesting. Bought my son his high roof VW Autosleeper just because of the size of his drive way and because it has to be their family car as well.

I look forward to seeing this 1500cc diesel Tardis, thanks...Griff

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The dCi engine must make it a Renault, and the silhouette on their website looks like the passenger version of the Renault Trafic.

Mind you, the specification page for the Trafic says that has a 2 litre and I'm not sure that I'd class that as a "Camper Car".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The dCi engine must make it a Renault, and the silhouette on their website looks like the passenger version of the Renault Trafic.

Mind you, the specification page for the Trafic says that has a 2 litre and I'm not sure that I'd class that as a "Camper Car".

Well spotted.. no idea why they say it has a 1.5 lt engine.. unless it's a special build.. which is highly unlikely ..

By calling it a Camper Car, Lunar are perhaps emulating the French name Camping Cars .. perhaps a better image than Campervan .. Much as the US name 'Motorhome' is used instead of the correct name 'Motor Caravan'

call it what they may, it will be a Motor Caravan in the V5

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I agree the 1.5 dci engine is Renault:Smile: Perhaps it's based on the Scenic ?
Either way although new to lunar it's not really new to the camping car market ::bigsmile: Think Toyota's Estima, Fords Freeda/Mazda bongos not to mention VWs :Smile:All perfectly useable everyday vehicles.:thumb:There's even a conversion on eBay based on the Citroen Piccaso:winky: and Renault kangoo
Terry
Edit lunarman posted as I typed
Forgot to mention probably the biggest player Romahome

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am very interested in any new camper van as I am in the market this year. My must have list starts with must be below 1.9 m and sleep two and of course be extremely thrifty. Thanks for the link.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
They're good at telling us what it isn't without giving any clue to what it is. From the description 'even a sink to do the washing up' it has probably a limited amount of equipment.
At my age I could not consider any camper without a toilet.:Sad:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Either way although new to lunar it's not really new to the camping car market ::bigsmile: Think Toyota's Estima, Fords Freeda/Mazda bongos not to mention VWs :Smile:All perfectly useable everyday vehicles.:thumb:There's even a conversion on eBay based on the Citroen Piccaso:winky: and Renault kangoo
Terry
Edit lunarman posted as I typed
Forgot to mention probably the biggest player Romahome

Hey!!! Let's have some Fiat Doblo-love around here, while we're at it... :Angry: :winky:

Forget the Kangoo this looks more likely powered by Renault 1.5dci http://www.nissan.co.uk/#vehicles/lcv/nv200-combi

Yes....I think you've got it. I knew Renault and Nissan shared vehicles and parts, but I assumed they'd have the same 2 litre. Good spot :thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Spot on lunarman - I would say that it is the vehicle. Engine and running gear made by renault...ruined Nissans name!

Interesting thing that is catching NV owners out is the reduced speed limits! Probably just as well with such a small engine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back