Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Hi everyone, Before I call out the garage, is there something i can do to get it started, yes it has got fuel. it happened yesterday as well , but it did start, all be it in a cloud of smoke, started ok when i was at the shops, I thought it could be the engine heater.On the T4 there is a choke ,when i pulled it out, it did fire but that was it,,,,,,,,,,It was seviced in March, any advise would be appreciated
Thanks in advance ........Del

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi del .i asume by your ref to the engine heater and the choke lever that you have an early diesel(i may be wrong) if it is a diesel ,when you are sitting in the drivers seat, just above your right knee there is a panel which pulls off ,behid that are some relays,wigle the relays a bit and try to start ,they very often get a bad connection and stop the heater plugs from working .if you have a test light you can test for this at the glow plug itself. i had this problem only last month on a 1995 2.4ltr t4,wigled the relay and it started instantly.good luck .steve.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
hi del .i asume by your ref to the engine heater and the choke lever that you have an early diesel(i may be wrong) if it is a diesel ,when you are sitting in the drivers seat, just above your right knee there is a panel which pulls off ,behid that are some relays,wigle the relays a bit and try to start ,they very often get a bad connection and stop the heater plugs from working .if you have a test light you can test for this at the glow plug itself. i had this problem only last month on a 1995 2.4ltr t4,wigled the relay and it started instantly.good luck .steve.:thumb:

Thanks Buyer, for the info, yes it is an early diesel 1996, i started it by injecting easy start into the inlet, and am getting the garage to check glow plugs, which he thinks is the prob,...........Thanks again have taken your info onboard...............Del:Smile:

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Easy Start............

The juice of the Devil...........................:Angry:

Yes cause it was a Devil to start :RollEyes:

Quote from garage new Glow plugs £ 170, Is this excessive, I can buy plugs for £8.74 each, will have to check around

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back