Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
I saw a independent review somewhere from someone with more time than me and they claimed that after checking for a couple of years the improved miles per gallon was a better saving than the cheaper fuel and the emissions on mot s improved........
Some times life's to short to check it your self So I trust people who appear sad and genuine :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Diesel cetane ratings...the higher the number, the better it burns but ALL diesels are manufactured and designed to run on standard diesel.
55 cetane is as high as it goes, anything higher is not worth the extra cost in a regular diesel engine.

Standard: 51
Shell Standard Diesel (used to be Diesel Extra): 53
Total Excellium: 53
BP Ultimate Diesel: 55
Shell V-Power Diesel: 55

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Where's this cheap diesel you speak of ? (Or do you mean cherryaid :mask: ::bigsmile:)
Personally if I can get 350mls to the tankful that will do .
I never go for the supposedly better option. imo it all depends on your driving style ,as far as mot's over many different vans the lowest readings have been with properly produced bio fuel.:smiley:

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
We fill up approx 3 to1 regular to v tech or similar. Engine runs smoother and more responsive after v tech fill. MPG may be slightly better.
Will stay with this system for now. Haven't done a detailed mpg assessment yet.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not long after this "superfuel" came out I did an assessment on the van and found that the %age increased mpg almost exactly matched the %age increased cost. I repeated it with my (diesel) car and got the same result. However I agree with other posters that the vehicle does appear to run quieter and more smoothly - but that's a subjective opinion of course.

I've now taken to putting in the good stuff every 4 or 5 fills if it's available.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I seem to remember that Sainburys sued one of the fuel companies for claiming their fuel was superior to upmarket fuel and won, so it would seem that there is not that much of a difference

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back