Using the space under the van (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2014
Great Totham
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
Underneath my Swift Bolero there seems to be space that could be used given a bit of thought. I am referring to the area to the outside of the chassis longitudinal. It’s still limited I would agree, and you have the dirt from road but has anyone ever explored this area of opportunity for some kind of storage?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I made a large shelf / box type area at the back of my Pilote A class between the 2 chassis members for storage of planks /plates to park on when a bit muddy & used a piece of white plastic fascia board as the access door to it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well you also have to consider whether the loss of that amount of ground clearance is do-able.

For instance are you only going to stay on pukka sites with made-up proper roads and hard standings - or might you need to cross a field any time? We do both. It's just one of the things you always need to be aware of when going camping in or on or with anything - bike/tent, car/tent, car/caravan, campervan, Moho or RV !

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've already got our (insulated) water / waste and gas tank under Pug. That way we don't have any valuable storage space used up under the beds or in base lockers. Everything's been made to fit in the voids, so nothing is low enough to ground on anything. We very rarely ver camp on sites.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Had a Beeny Box fitted to our Bolero on the N/S when we were down in Cornwall a few years ago, great for the hookup leads, walking boots and chocks etc, but not waterproof though, regularly used and would definately miss it if not fitted.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Underneath my Swift Bolero there seems to be space that could be used given a bit of thought.

Have a look at a Hymer.. all the underfloor space is utilised with lockers, one of mine goes all the way through to the other side..

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I put a slide out drawer under the garage floor on our Flair, you can only access it when the garage door is open so it is secure.

You have to work out how you will get to the space as no doubt there will be side skirts in the way.

Martin

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Slightly off topic???
The local cats use all the space under my van. Talk about stink!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back