Using Ipod on entertainment system

Discussion in 'Auto-Trail' started by Jerrymjj, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj Funster

I wonder if anyone can help me? I want to use an Ipod through the supplied entertainment system in my 2006 Autotrail Tracker SE. The dashboard mounted unit is JVC's KD-DV4201. Inside the locker with all the electronic gizmos is a terminal box through which (I assume) the DVD, TV, rear camera and radio pass. There is a pair of empty phono sockets and I have tried plugging my Ipod into these with appropriate lead and selecting "3" on the selector box currently labelled DVD, TV and blank for number 3. I get a resounding silence.... Pressing "Source" on my radio only allows me to select from Radio or Disk. Does anyone have the faintest idea how to achieve what I want? Many thanks. Jerry

2. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Sorry Jerry, I would have done the same as you. I did buy a Bluetooth device in Hong Kong a while back to be picked up by the vans system, however the quality was poor in my opinion and not worth the effort,
    Ipods do seem to have their own version of MP3 which is not always recognised.

Alan

3. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

4. buckby

buckby

mine works like that just make sure you are plugged into the correct sockets I can take a photo if you need

5. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

Don't know if it helps at all .... I have an Insignia with USB and phono sockets. Vauxhall said that all it required was a single (Vauxhall!!) USB lead to make the I-Pod work. I used a standard USB lead, along with the standard mini-jack and it works absolutely fine.

6. Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj Funster

Many thanks, problem solved

Many thanks for all the swift responses. I have now got the Ipod to play through the system by plugging the phono leads into the spare pair of sockets and selecting "Ext in" on the radio display. I am extremely grateful to everyone for the valuable advice and assistance. Jerry:thumb: