Using Fig 8 section to Fiamma awning (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Are you fed up of using Fig. 8 section and Keder strip to reduce your 6mm bead to 4mm to slide into your Fiamma awning then read on.
Just bought a new Kampa Rally awning but one with poles and it only comes with the 6mm bead, the Rally motor ones come with 6mm and 4mm but only in Air form which is too expensive.
Normally you would use the Fig 8 section and twin Keder strip which is a pain so I pulled out the 6mm bead insert from the new awning and pushed in a 4mm one that I had pulled out of an old awning.
Not too difficult to pull out the 6mm but all but a foot of the 4mm went in so I just cut that bit off and popped it into the other end.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I got a local saddles to sew a strip of 4mm awning strip below the existing 6mm. Nearly as good as your idea :).

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I got a local saddles to sew a strip of 4mm awning strip below the existing 6mm. Nearly as good as your idea :).
Yes that is also a good idea and would have been the next step if replacing the bead had not worked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mikeco
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Apart from either pulling out the 6mm and pushing in the 4mm,or getting someone to sew the 4mm kadar strip on the other way is to buy such as the Kampa Motor rally awning which has both the 4 and 6mm beads on. They only do them in the Air models so quite expensive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back