Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have all the aires book, France and about to try one for the first time situated in Moulins but where do you buy the tokens,or jetons as they are called over here, the book says there are various tokens available but doesnt tell you where to get them other than tabacs.
This one says the flot bleu.
what if a tabac is closed when we get there or we find another aire that doesnt accept the tokens we have bought?
The one we are about to use tomorrow says its a credit card so thats easy enough, just worried about getting jetons.
We have been using ACSi and municipals up til now.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The local Marie or Mayors office or tabac will have them. Buy a few so you can keep a couple spare. There are not too many variations so we keep a few of each.

Wyn

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In several trips to France using aires most of the time, we have only needed jetons a couple of times. There are several aires with free services if you look out for them. If they are required, it is usually obvious where to get them (e.g. a sign by the borne de services). Often available from the nearby tabac, mairie, office de tourisme etc.
The Flot Bleu is a different kind of borne, usually paid for by bank / credit card. I try to avoid using them as I find them a bit cumbersome although that is probably a personal quirk - there's nothing intrinsically wrong with them. Have a look at this (just click google translate unless your French is good).
Link Removed

And here is the website for another common borne - the Eurorelais
http://www.bornes-eurorelais.fr/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The local Marie or Mayors office or tabac will have them. Buy a few so you can keep a couple spare. There are not too many variations so we keep a few of each.

Wyn

Interesting - we're still carrying around a spare one that we bought several years ago - never found another slot that it fits!

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
In the past two years of traveling extensively each summer through France and using Aires most of the time we have only found one that used the tokens and the place you buy them from (the tobacconist on the corner) was closed. We could still park but was unable to get water which we were in need of so we now make sure that we always have a couple of cans of water, in addition to the water tank, on the van.
Lots of the newer service points will now take credit cards as well but I stick to Euros.
My advice is to keep a supply of Euro coins (I always have about 20E worth) in the glove box and that should cover you.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
In several trips to France using aires most of the time, we have only needed jetons a couple of times. There are several aires with free services if you look out for them. If they are required, it is usually obvious where to get them (e.g. a sign by the borne de services). Often available from the nearby tabac, mairie, office de tourisme etc.
The Flot Bleu is a different kind of borne, usually paid for by bank / credit card. I try to avoid using them as I find them a bit cumbersome although that is probably a personal quirk - there's nothing intrinsically wrong with them. Have a look at this (just click google translate unless your French is good).
Link Removedlad

And here is the website for another common borne - the Eurorelais
http://www.bornes-eurorelais.fr/

Tried the two websites thanks for that but I cant translate, I could in england but the option doesnt come up on my laptop here probably because I am on a french signal here,I can recognise a bit of french though. but a lot of it is still double dutch to me!!!:RollEyes:

Ok managed to translate, thanks again :)

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Translated guides

OK - have a look at the two images attached.

For Flot Blue
You start by paying, either via bank card or in some cases by jeton. If jetons, there may be another blue box close by that sells them for cash or card.

Once paid, you can open the door which, if I remember correctly, has a timed period of opening.
Inside you will see the equipment as shown in the picture.
1. Eclairage = internal lighting if fitted
2. Pistolet d'alimentation d'eau = potable drinking water
3. Douchette pour rincage cassette = to rinse the Thetford WC cassette
4. Tuyau nautique = connect this to the grey water dump valve
6. Fosse pour vidange = where you dump the Thetford cassette.

Eurorelais
Hopefully the picture is self-explanatory (within the constraints of Google translate). In some I have found the WC dump point to be like the wastewater discharge picture, rather than the one marked "drain".
Some of these bornes are free, others require a card or jeton. Even the chargeable ones will let you dump the cassette although you may not get rinsing water. If this is the case, dump the cassette before you dump grey water, then you can rinse the cassette at the van's grey water nozzle. In my experience, the Eurorelais type are usually situated next to a large grey water drain and grill so there is plenty of room to get the cassette under your grey water outlet if required.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Flot Bleu.jpg
    Flot Bleu.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Eurorelais.jpg
    Eurorelais.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, Aire just south of you
Aire: MONTOLDRE

ADDRESS: SALLE DES FETES, VILLAGE CENTRE
TEL: 04 70 45 03 09 FAX: 04 70 45 02 63
EMAIL: mairie.montoldre@wanadoo.fr
TYPE OF AIRE: MUNICIPAL

FACILITIES: WATER /GREY DRAIN/BLACK DRAIN

PRICES/ RATES: CASH
PARKING: FREE SERVICES: 2€ WATER
OPENING TIMES: ALL YEAR
GPS COORDS: N46.33295 E03.44799
DIRECTIONS: From VARENNES-SUR-ALLIER take D21 NORTH to MONTOLDRE. AIRE is in village centre next to the SALLE DES FETES, opposite MAIRIE.
SITE DESCRIPTION This purpose built modern aire is located in the centre of this small rural village, next to the village hall & opposite the Mairie, where there are 6 level spaces for motorhomes, parking on tarmac with adjacent grass areas. The aire has little shade but is lit at night & there are picnic tables available. Mini Euro-Relais service point with drainage platform. Bar/ restaurant in village, 70m from aire & tennis court adjacent.
REVIEW:
2011 "An aire in the heart of the town for 7 vehicles located around a lawned area with a picnic table for each space. Parking is quiet & free. " CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE RECOMMENDED
Link Removed
hope this helps

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have all the aires book, France and about to try one for the first time situated in Moulins but where do you buy the tokens,or jetons as they are called over here, the book says there are various tokens available but doesnt tell you where to get them other than tabacs.
This one says the flot bleu.
what if a tabac is closed when we get there or we find another aire that doesnt accept the tokens we have bought?
The one we are about to use tomorrow says its a credit card so thats easy enough, just worried about getting jetons.
We have been using ACSi and municipals up til now.

we've never failed to get Jetons-sometimes not on the day we arrive,but next morning when we go for bread ::bigsmile:
Tip-a jeton is usually needed for water and will deliver a substantial amount,usually more than it takes to fill a tank,so,if you see someone with a jeton, getting water,it'a a fairly safe bet that there will still be water available after he's filled up-get there with a container ::bigsmile:
I usually tell the vans next to me if I'm going to use a jeton for water so that they can take what I leave.
Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back