Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
The weekend was spent at the Peterborough Showground for the National Motorhome Show where I am sad to say my dogs let me down and proved their worthlessness.

Its an impressive show with hundreds of exhibitors selling you everything from American RVs to a tap connectors and lots of stuff you never even knew existed let alone needed.

Read the whole story here

Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This 80+ kg so called "devil dog"... Lay snooring while someone threw a concrete garden ornament thought my patio window and had it away with my laptop. !!!
I ran downstairs after hearing the noise and all he did was look up at me as if to say "is it time to get up already"...!!

Yea, useless dogs...!

Hope you haven't lost anything...

mat and dog 061206.JPG

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
This 80+ kg so called "devil dog"... Lay snooring while someone threw a concrete garden ornament thought my patio window and had it away with my laptop. !!!
I ran downstairs after hearing the noise and all he did was look up at me as if to say "is it time to get up already"...!!

Yea, useless dogs...!

Hope you haven't lost anything...

View attachment 59889

I think were all just to soft with our so called guard dogs. No nothing lost fortunately

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You might think the poodle in my picture here is a little fluffy soft thing that wouldn't hurt a fly let alone protect a motorhome or a house, and if you thought that you would be very very wrong indeed, and possibly would need to contemplate you mistake whilst awaiting your turn in A&E

I know that :( from the horrible little, nigh on identical one to yours opposite (does look cute though) with equally obnoxious Belgian owners:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I know that :( from the horrible little, nigh on identical one to yours opposite (does look cute though) with equally obnoxious Belgian owners:D

The trick is to teach them to stop as soon as you give the codeword, rather like turning off a switch. The command "Enough" works for us, and she understands she can turn off protective mode, and is then very friendly and no problem. Sounds like the Belgian owners have been trained by the dog rather than the other way around.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You may well be judging your pooch harshly --Ever thought if the blonde lady had not seen said dog she may have rummaged through your van? the sight of the Mutt may well have been enough to scare the lady into shutting the door and looking elsewhere :)
terry

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
You may well be judging your pooch harshly --Ever thought if the blonde lady had not seen said dog she may have rummaged through your van? the sight of the Mutt may well have been enough to scare the lady into shutting the door and looking elsewhere :)
terry

This is probably very true but I would expect them to at least stand up not just bloody lie there, lazy sods.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I seen them by your van at Peterborough and was going to say hello but they looked a bit scary to me. :)

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
saying cats is the word that winds up my dog .she can spot a druggie a mile away that's the second word

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we have a mobile bog brush. its a pom. but does it make a noise. it sounds like a disgruntled pussy cat. but very noisy.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
we have a mobile bog brush. its a pom. but does it make a noise. it sounds like a disgruntled pussy cat. but very noisy.
The bad dog breath would deter anyone anyway. Unless of course he harpic'ed the intruder to death... ;)

Our cocker idiot is a very good noisy guard dog, but an idiot all the same.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
STOP blamin the dug!
Maybe it was looking after your best interests.
Who says the blonde Eastern European bint wasn't there to give not take?:Smile:
Took one look at you,mooth hingin open and snoring yur heid aff and changed her mind!::bigsmile:
Serves you right.:crying:

OP
OP
phodetheus

phodetheus

Free Member
Jan 20, 2014
Full timer
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
3 months
STOP blamin the dug!
Maybe it was looking after your best interests.
Who says the blonde Eastern European bint wasn't there to give not take?:Smile:
Took one look at you,mooth hingin open and snoring yur heid aff and changed her mind!::bigsmile:
Serves you right.:crying:
:ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The weekend was spent at the Peterborough Showground for the National Motorhome Show where I am sad to say my dogs let me down and proved their worthlessness.

Its an impressive show with hundreds of exhibitors selling you everything from American RVs to a tap connectors and lots of stuff you never even knew existed let alone needed.

Read the whole story here

Broken Link Removed
Yes, I saw her as well. She came to our truck when the wife had gone over to enquire about a new hab door seal for her broomstick. (y) Her names Olga, and for twenty quid, you can examine her habitation fittings. (y)(y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
our dogs bad breath is so strong. it would have even seen of Olga.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Your dogs no doubt give you undying love. Thats all I expect from mine. Everything else is a bonus.
Glad to hear the ."maybe "thief got away empty handed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back