Useing The Solar System

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by trevtherev, Jun 26, 2015.

1. trevtherev

trevtherev Read Only Funster

I have just fitted a 100wt. Solar system to the roof of MH bought it locally in lowestoft for £135 even included the sikaflex adhesive, 25 year guarantee on the panel which was cheaper than anything I could find on ebay.
    My question is does the system need to be switched off when not in use, when the MH is parked in storage etc. The controller is a EPHC10-EC. It has an off button on the front. I previously used a free standing panel that was always disconnected and stored away when not required. Thanks for any advice Trev

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

No, don't switch it off. Unless your storage is indoors it will keep the batteries topped up while the MH is sat there. Either way it won't do any harm.

• Like Like x 1
  3. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

There's some decent aires on Mars although the place doesn't have much atmosphere. For sunshine I'd choose Mercury every time, and the toilets on Uranus are best avoided. I'd also steer well clear of the Ring Peripherique around Saturn during rush hour, and...

Oh I see, Solar Power System. Sorry, my mistake. :)

• Like Like x 9
  4. trevtherev

trevtherev Read Only Funster

5. musson

musson Funster

I store my MH about 9 miles from home and leave the solar panel on all time ensures engine battery not flat.when engine battery is full changes to leisure battery.

6. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

We have had our van 10years with Solar Panel and never switched it off though we do have a Battery Master I would look at getting one fitted if you don't already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WillH

WillH Funster

If you switch it off it won't work, what was the point of fitting it? Leave it on......

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

the on off switch on that controller is for the load output (last pair of terminals on the right) it will not disconnect the solar panel or regulator from the batteries and why would you , just leave it charging to do its job and keep the batteries in tip top condition.