Used to be Radio1 then Radio 2 where now (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Radio 2 for me from 7 until 12 o clock then that politically correct tree hugging left wing nanny state supporting arse Jeremy Vine comes on then its a race to switch it off or to Gold before I smash the radio he irritates me that much. :Eeek::Eeek:

You and me both,can't stand the man, it's his false sincerity that gets me , he is the ultimate example of the 'once you can fake the sincerity everything else comes easy ' school of broadcasting. Steve Wright is ok after 2pm though :Smile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When driving the work's van, it's usualy Radio 2, but at home or in the MH, Rita and I tend to listen to Gold on MW, Digital, or on the internet.

Here is a list of their frequencies
, and other ways to pick up Gold. We have been listening to it for some years now.

The downside is the blooming adverts. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When driving the work's van, it's usualy Radio 2, but at home or in the MH, Rita and I tend to listen to Gold on MW, Digital, or on the internet.

, and other ways to pick up Gold. We have been listening to it for some years now.

Cheers,

Jock.

I can cope with the adverts as long as I don't have to listen to Jeremy Vine :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I Love Radio 2...unless Janice Long is on. BUSBY::bigsmile:

I've got Radio 2 on all day in my workshop and in the house, I like Janice Long's ramblings when I'm working from midnight on in the workshop:roflmto:

I was given a digital radio for Christmas, but I am really missing being able to stick my CDs on.......my future son-in-law told me CDs are out of date and I should download tunes on the USB. No!!! I just like the convenience of popping a CD on......can't be bothered with all this downloading stuff.
Yes, I'm probably getting old as well......

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Cheers,

Jock.

It's Radio 2 for me in the house or especially in the workshop, I enjoy listening to Janice Long from midnight during the week. But if I'm indoors I like Heart and Gold through the tv :thumb:

Margaret

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
gold radio you be thinking you young again

Got to be gold for me 945/999 on the am or can be found on dab (spit) or on tinternet or sky tv or digital tv.
50s 60s and sometimes strays into 70s, solid gold music 24/7::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:

Sorry posted before I read the last post

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The only live radio I tend to listen to is Radio 4 in the morning and evening for the news (much better than the equivalent on TV...and not a Berghaus in sight). Radio 3 late evening, when they switch from classical to more esoteric stuff.

During the day, when I'm working I use iPlayer Radio to catch up on particular programmes from Radio 3 and 6 Music, so I can listen to all the weird jazz, ambient, prog. rock, etc. stuff that most people on this forum would probably run away screaming from ::bigsmile:

You and me both,can't stand the man, it's his false sincerity that gets me , he is the ultimate example of the 'once you can fake the sincerity everything else comes easy ' school of broadcasting. Steve Wright is ok after 2pm though :Smile:

:Eeek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Oh boy !

Fellas :Doh:if ever you decide to face the wilds of Cornwall, and the deluge of English Pastys, DONT, JUST DONT :Doh: Surcumb to RADIO PASTY
(Radio Cornwall), its the most god awful boring bunch of has beens that has ever cluttered the Airways

"Now we 'ane Doreen frum Carn Brea on the line, alright'un Doreeen? Whas the wevver doing where yu are en?"

"Alright'en , the Sun came through my kitchen winda today and shone right up my back passage "

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Not old, music nowadays is mostly rubbish. Radio 1 seems to think everyone is at a night club all day long and Radio 2 just plays lift music.
I listen to Radio 4 and Planet Rock. If all else fails I either turn it off or put on Pink Floyd
Allan

Ah the memories that brings back... Division bells, awesome album :thumb:

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
Recently switched from Radio 1 myself. Only because I can`t stand Nick Grimshaw, or Ferne Cotton.
Can`t deal with Radio 2.
I listen to 1 Xtra, or Capital Xtra, I like a bit of bounce !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh dear....
A few days ago JJ posted a 'how geeky are you' quiz type thing.. I scored a little higher than most folk would be comfortable with

And now this...

I have listened to radio 4 since before it was radio 4 ( changed from the home service in about 1966/67 )
I have been a fan of the Archers since I was about 14 .. Have listed to Womans Hour since about '68, Gardeners Question Time since gawd knows when ( even though I dislike gardening ! ) plus lots of other programs
In fact most of output I enjoy, apart from The money Program and a few others of that ilk

Have never liked radio one, Luxembourg etc.. Was a fan of Radio London ( when it was a pirate station ) though

So I guess my geek status has just gone up yet another darned notch !! :cry: :Blush: :ROFLMAO:

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
SKY FM for me. (Nothing to do with Sky television) 60 genres of music, no chatting, occasional adverts and all free. If you subscribe you get it all with no adverts (and they say better quality, but can,t see anything wrong with free version) but I don't subscribe, too tight and adverts are not too often or intrusive.
Get it on computer and iphone

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Used to spend the hours between midnight and two in the morning listening to John Robert Parker Ravenscroft, John Peel, on the Big L, radio London. His program was known as the Perfumed Allotment in our area of the north. Radio 4 fan now.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Have never liked radio one, Luxembourg etc.
As a youingster, it was Radio 1 in the daytime, and Radio Luxembourg at night time.....with The Stuart Henry Show. I remember him from his (pirate) Radio Scotland days before he joined Radio 1, and then Luxembourg. I often used to fall asleep, and wake up in the morning with some strange musical code coming over the Luxembourg MW208 frequency. Happy days. :Smile:

Sadly, Stuart Henry is no longer broadcasting here on earth. :Sad:

Regards,

Jock.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Stuart Henry was a favourite of mine sadly
He subsequently suffered for many years with multiple sclerosis and he worked through his illness until he became too ill to broadcast, being assisted on air during his later years by his wife Ollie, the illness accounting for his later distinctive rather halting speech delivery.

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I can remember standing in the school bus queue with my little transistor radio tuning in to Tony Blackburn on the first day:thumb:
All exciting new things at the time , I used to fiddle with electronics back then, even now looking at this ,I can still remember what went where.
Nowadays I can`t remember my name :Eeek:

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread