Free Member
Dec 24, 2011
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are living in Spain and are considering buying a motorhome for traveling back and forth to the UK. We want a coach build with two benches big enough to sleep on. We have a budget of approx £10k it has to be a diesel four birth, What is the best engine and what motorhome would you recomend for the price, does anyone have one for sale?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi and welcome to fun
your budget is going to restrict what you can realisticly hope for
you will be looking at circa early to mid 90s models I would stick with 2.5 Fiat Ducato or Peugeot based vehicle,for both cost, reliabilty and spare parts, early Talbot spares are thin on the ground some nice Early Swift Kontiki,s about, they never suffered from problems any thing like the newer ones
Take your time and be choosey there are 1000s out there, but it never seems that way when your looking
Pop back for advise if you find something you like
geo

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If travelling back and forth, I would recommend something less technical such as a normally aspirated diesel (non turbo) as these will be much more reliable in the long run.

Length will be another issue, try and stick to c classes at around 20ft - which is plenty enough to live in comfortably, but will not cause issues with ferries and will be covered by standard recovery companies (albeit a foot over - never has issues with ours!)

That is what I would do in your position, anyway!

As for ones for sale, have a look in the classifieds section. Left column, there is a link there.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back