used motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by alrich, Feb 22, 2012.

1. alrich

alrich Read Only Funster

We are living in Spain and are considering buying a motorhome for traveling back and forth to the UK. We want a coach build with two benches big enough to sleep on. We have a budget of approx £10k it has to be a diesel four birth, What is the best engine and what motorhome would you recomend for the price, does anyone have one for sale?

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Hi and welcome to fun
    your budget is going to restrict what you can realisticly hope for
    you will be looking at circa early to mid 90s models I would stick with 2.5 Fiat Ducato or Peugeot based vehicle,for both cost, reliabilty and spare parts, early Talbot spares are thin on the ground some nice Early Swift Kontiki,s about, they never suffered from problems any thing like the newer ones
    Take your time and be choosey there are 1000s out there, but it never seems that way when your looking
    Pop back for advise if you find something you like
    geo

3. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

If travelling back and forth, I would recommend something less technical such as a normally aspirated diesel (non turbo) as these will be much more reliable in the long run.

Length will be another issue, try and stick to c classes at around 20ft - which is plenty enough to live in comfortably, but will not cause issues with ferries and will be covered by standard recovery companies (albeit a foot over - never has issues with ours!)

That is what I would do in your position, anyway!

As for ones for sale, have a look in the classifieds section. Left column, there is a link there.:thumb: