Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I am considering fitting a refillable gas bottle to my mh. A reliable friend has put me in touch with a guy who has broken up a motorhome and has for sale a refillable gas tank system.
Those of you who have special knowledge of this system could you provide me with some advice about considering buying this and when I go and look at it what do I need to pay special attention to?

Also as I have no skill to fit this would I be right in assuming it would cost about £100 to fit?

Norman

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The first thing I would do is check if someone would actually fit it for you as they might not be happy to fit second-hand gas stuff as they wouldn't be able to guarantee the actual components.

Hercules

Free Member
Sep 30, 2012
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2005
If the tank is over 10 years old, it will need to be tested and recertified. I made enquiries about having my one done, and was told that it would be cheaper to buy a new tank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
First make sure its a habitation tank as opposed to a road fuel tank. They are different.

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Agree with the above.

If it's a habitation Gaslow tank, then fitting it is as easy as changing a Propane bottle.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Its not actually clear whether you mean an underslung gas tank or a refillable cylinder to go in your gas locker. If its the latter then it shouldn't cost £100 unless pipework and filler needs to be supplied. If its the former (underslung tank) then £100 is not going to cover the cost of fitting it. If it is an underslung tank you not only need to check how old it is and if necessary whether its been recertified but also if there is sufficient physical space for it.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back