Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've just booked our flight tickets for the next leg of our USA tour, we'll be away for 12 weeks in the spring. The RV is booked in for a full service and some recall work so it's 3 or 4 days in Florida then hit the road and head West.
We don't normally plan our routes but this time we've worked out a rough route (see map) to make the most of our time although it's not set in stone as we do like to go where the fancy takes us. There are some amazing places along the route and it should be a great trip. Can't wait roll on March. :thumb:

Attachments

• USAtripspring 09.jpg
    USAtripspring 09.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 63

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like a great trip Rory:thumb::thumb:

No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Bonzai

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Hi Ror,

Be sure to give us a holler as you get to the San Francisco Bay area. We're close to your route headed out of the Bay Area (approx half way between SFO and Sacramento).

Personally, I'd skip the Los Angeles area on the outbound trip; Traffic will be a nightmare. Let us know at the other place if you need some routing help. Also, let us know if you need campground recommendations along your route.

Be sure to post updates to your (changing) plans, and you'll get a lot of offers from friendly folks who will be on your route.

Like you, we normally don't plan our trips in detail; Our maiden voyage on this coach was 10,000 miles, and we had only 3 planned waypoints: Attend a forum rally in Utah, visit the kids in Kentucky, and home. We get up in the morning, toss a coin - heads we leave, tails we stay and, if it's heads, we stick a pin in the map.

When we were in Columbus, Ohio the pin said "Niagara Falls", so off we went. While there, a friend and forum staffer emailed me from Ottawa and said "you're so close, cross the border and come see us", so we did. While at his apartment, he pulled out a map of the Maritime provinces of Eastern Canada and plotted a route for us. Gulp! We didn't have an extra 3 months in the schedule, but off we went. A whistle stop tour, but we have plans to go back and spend far more time in the Maritimes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Looks like you have a fantastic trip to look forwards to.. :thumb:

Do you need a Gofer, or Butler ?,, No wages required just board and lodging.. :winky:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'me jealous have a great trip.

Are you doing a blog ?

Have you one telling us about your Damon in the US ?

Questions questions !

No wonder you wont to get away.

Safe journey.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Be sure to give us a holler as you get to the San Francisco Bay area. We're close to your route headed out of the Bay Area (approx half way between SFO and Sacramento).

Hi Tom
I'll do that as we intend to spend 3 or 4 days there as long as you promise not to mention the rugby :ROFLMAO:
I will contact you on the other side about route as I fancy doing Monument Valley & Vegas on the way out.

Are you taking a bike with you?

Steve nah only allowed 23kgs have to hire one again but it won't be Harley next time.

Are you doing a blog ?

takeaflight
No blog I'm afraid just some regular posts and photos as always. If you look on RVOC you can see a collection of photos from our last 2 trips
here;
Link Removed
Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have a great trip Ror .. looks like a fabulous route ... :thumb:

Jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Three months to do that little trip:Eeek:
I had a car like that once:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
have a safe one and bring us back Monaco on a stick:thumb:
Geo

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
as long as you promise not to mention the rugby

Nah, wouldn't do that, you'll have suffered enough by then. OTOH if the Southern hemisphere season has started ....

BTW what are your start/end dates for the trip?

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

BTW what are your start/end dates for the trip?

We arrive 30th March leave 18th June 11&1/2 weeks.

Did our visa online for the first time very easy but have been told we'll still need to complete another manually as 2 systems running side by side :Sad:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Enjoy your trip Rory
Ours is about to come to an end this trip although we only stayed in the Orlando area this time.Maybe go a bit further next trip if we have a better summer workwise .

Funny thing with immigration coming back in to the states,the guy must have been on something because he would not accept the address i gave,so i told him that is the only address and the correct one.So he sends me back to the end of the line i wrote in some bull address and was let through ,the mind boggles!

Ian & doreen

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ian,

Don't look for logic or even intelligence to exist at the borders. I've had them question "all the entries in your passport showing visits to the Middle East". Hm, last time I checked, places like Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malasia, the Philippines, Korea, Japan, etc were in the FAR East, while Mexico and Canada are part of North America, and the others such as the UK, Germany, France, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, etc are, well, not Middle Eastern countries. "Ah yes sir, have a nice day".

OTOH all those entries in their computer helped when, on our way up the Baja/California coast by boat, I'd put my passport somewhere "safe" 3 months earlier and couldn't find it. My West-of-the Severn accent made it clear I wasn't born in the US, so they were insisting on either a passport or a US birth certificate. Then the officer took my driving licence, called his office, and said "You're in the computer and you're good to go. Have a nice day."

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Ror,

Hopefully, I'm interpreting the arrows on the map correctly, and you'll be travelling clockwise. That time of year (March/April), you don't need to go too far north to run into snow.

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Ror,

Hopefully, I'm interpreting the arrows on the map correctly, and you'll be travelling clockwise. That time of year (March/April), you don't need to go too far north to run into snow.

Yeah that's right Tom I thought if I take it steady I should just miss the snow.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
HAVE A GREAT TRIP, WILL MISS YOU OF COURSE:Smile: BUT I AN NOT IN THE LEAST BIT JEALOUS :shout: I LIED

RUTH

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Rory and Jan

Well it's March now and not long to your next great trip ::bigsmile: