• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD USA Based Winnebago. (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Route 66 on your Bucket list?

Ever fancied doing the “Big Road Trip”?.

Well here is the perfect opportunity

For Sale, In the United States

1999. Winnebago Adventurer. 63K miles 6.4L Triton V10. Non Slide Motorhome

Currently in storage 30 miles West of Houston Texas

We have for sale this “A” class R-V, made by the well known quality maker Winnebago in 1999, built on the Ford F53 full levelling Chassis and fitted with virtually every “upgrade / extra” available at that time, and in which we have been Intermittently travelling the USA over the last 5 Years.

I spent over 2 years looking for a “good” R-V, wanting one that was big enough to be comfortable, but without the complication of slide-outs, our intention being to travel and see as much of the USA as was practicable. It was purchased in Florida 2010, with 45000 miles on the clock, from the family of the first owners who had quite literally “baby`d” it!. It spent it`s first 10 years under cover when not in use!. And having been kept in “sunshine states” it is in not far short of pristine condition, with the exception of some paint fade, although it does polish nicely. The underside still has most of the original paint on it!, and only a small amount of surface rust!, which is unique at 15yrs old!.

The interior looks new with very few marks and low wear patterns, since we have had it, the furniture is kept covered with “Mexican style” covers to give added protection, as well as reducing sun fade.

The layout is:-

Rear, working forward, Queen bed, with lockers either side, Wardrobe opposite Bath, Dinette opposite kitchen and refrigerator / freezer forward of which is the Rack n roll Settee opposite a Recliner chair, by the entry door, with electric step, And with two big luxury “Captains” chairs up front. It is equipped with Propane 3 burner cook top with oven, plus Microwave oven. And will come with all the basic`s with which to travel comfortably. Including cookware, dinning ware, Bedding etc: plus small coal barbecue, a newly upgraded 80w Solar panel, and more.

Outside are two “pass-through” Lockers and up to 6 more side lockers, plus 120Litre LPG (propane) tank. The big Ford Triton “Gas” Engine (Petrol) was changed onto full synthetic oil at about 49k miles. And has had no issues to date, the servicing is up to date and will be given a further service before sale. Full 5000lb Tow rig too.

Even having no slideouts, at 100” wide it is still very roomy, which makes it ideal for use as a travelling rig, on US Roads and at 32ft long it copes with all American campgrounds, is warm and toasty in colder climes whilst the 3 aircon units cope well in hot conditions. Electric Power is via a 4.5k Onan generating set. And it has the usual full hookup facilities, with 32amp shore power, water connections, plus 40 Gallon fresh water tank, and Grey and Black waste tanks of 40 gallon each (US), along with all the hoses fitting etc, to make campground connections.

This Rig is ready to travel. Apart from your “groceries”, and with a Full tank of “gas”. There is everything you might need for long term travel across the USA.

We are asking for offers in the region of £15.000. About $24000. for this fully equipped and ready to ride opportunity of a lifetime. Bearing in Mind the current Hire Rates for "A" class r-v`s is of the order of $1000+ per week? this is a cheap option, use and sell on?

The R-V will be available early 2015, At this time we are considering going back to the USA in mid March, staying with family, and subject to it not being already sold, taking the “Winnie” back to Florida to visit the Keys, one last time. Under those circumstances, (air fares to Florida being reasonable at that time providing you avoid Easter!) I would be prepared, by arrangement, to meet up and show the coach to any prospective purchaser. In the event of an immediate sale we would pack our personal gear into a “U-Haul” and travel back to Texas.

IMG_3282 (2014_12_29 18_56_57 UTC).JPG 15-02-11_1619.jpg IMG_0134.JPG IMG_2591.JPG IMG_0114.JPG

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just a thought we did the same but sold ours through PPL in Houston.
No hassle sold within 3 weeks money transferred in less than 24 hours.
Got the full asking price.
Agreed a fee up front very easy people to deal with.
Good luck (y)

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes we looked at that option, we have been to their Sales site several times, especially when looking back in 2008/9, and since. In looking at this. I was of the opinion that someone might just be interested in doing what we have done and take the R-V on as fully equipped. IF we sell through a Dealer / agent we would have strip the coach which causes us other problems. So I though I would give the opportunity first. We where at PPL on one occasion when someone actually took the Microwave out of a for sale coach!!!. These type of Bar Stewards get everywhere!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We stayed at the campsite behind PPL for a few days to clean the van out used their dumpster to get rid of the crap and sold all the stuff out of the van to people on the site Crazy eh!! Loaded the rest in our Jeep took to Tampa where our friends sold the remains and sold the Jeep locally to the guy who owned our storage unit.
Guess we were just lucky.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
How do you register title and get insurance without a US address and driving licence? I had absolutely no luck in 2009 trying to register a truck and fifth wheel in Rhode Island and then in California and only managed my extended touring of the western USA thanks to some resident friends and large amounts of $$$$$$$

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We set up a Ltd Co in Montana cost $450.00 registered everything through that with us as sole users. Purchased everything in company name and saved over $10'000.00 in purchase tax as Montana doesn't pay any. Perfectly legal as a non us citizen you can register where ever you choose. Used a company in Red Lodge Montana called TaxFreeRV brilliant people used to dealing with Brits all done by phone.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have family in the Greater Houston Area. Which gives me an address. Good Sam insure it, And it is titled to us in Texas at our Son`s address. Costs me about $150-00 per year to have the Safety Check done and "tax" it. Current insurance is around the $800-00 per year mark, would be less if I took a Texas driving test. Storage is $35-00 Per month paid up front 6 months at a time.

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A year too early for us.We plan to start our American adventure in 2016 after recieving good advice from Forestboy last year.Looks just the sort of rig that would have suited and a sensible outlay.Your right to try selling here first ,there must be others with such plans.Best of luck with the sale.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Goes Live on E-bay in the very near future.

We had 5 good years out of her and she is in as good a condition as any of it`s age currently for sale in the USA. and better than Many!.

Our issue is the cost of Medical Insurance. Now we are Both over 70. AGEISM is rampant in the insurance (and other) industries, but "Government" say those who follow us will BE 70 BEFORE they can retire! Its well past time Govt; made it Illegal to discriminate on grounds of age, and removed ALL age related barriers!!! including medicals, or at very least make them FREE.

Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Looks great and wish we were in a position to take advantage, but sadly not to be. :(

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yeh. we lover her, but every thing has to end. In our case disability has caught up with us. and the medical insurance cost is getting stupid.

I thought I would give the opportunity, to have a fully loaded rig. but if it doesn't sell that way it will go into somewhere like PPL stripped out. and we will get rid of the excess stuff to charity or a Yard Sale!!.

Pete

Spud312R

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Bishops Stortford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
SInce 1985
Hi Pete

I'm really looking for advise concerning living/touring in the USA for a long period (2yrs) in a few years time..
Trying to decide to do either Europe or the USA , as my wife is registered disabled with R/Athritus.

So to buy the RV you go through setting up a company ?
Do you still come back to the UK for Tax/NHS/Pension reasons ?
I expect you have to take out USA medical insurance

Are there good sites that may be able to help answer my questions ??

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There are several who have done it. I would suggest you Post specifically on the subject on the "Funster" Forum, for feed back.

What I can tell you is 1) You need a Full Visa (Not the 90 day Waiver). You can only do 6 months at one go. The Old trick of going into Mexico or Canada. No longer works, lately even Canadians have been refused!. So to get an extension you need to keep re-applying, and keep your fingers crossed, before your 6 months is up. 2) Whilst you don`t need to set up a "Company" to own it. It has fiscal advantages and keeps everything in one place (We have Family who deal on our behalf, My Son is an America Citizen). You don't need a "sponsor" to set up a US Bank account, but will need good ID and an Address to use.

Put up a post. and see what others have to say. It is do-able But there are restrictions on ALL "Legal Aliens", And it got more restricted after 9-11, (Often more so than the "illegal type!! just like here!!).

Pete

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Well, She is Sold. I went over in June, cleared it out and took it to PPL in Houston. It sold last week and the cash is now in my bank.

No real problems

Pete

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It Sold well, I had to "discount" a Bit , but you expect that, when selling any vehicle, every one likes a "Bargain". And I came away with more that I was prepared to take!

Anyway, It`s one less worry and insuring and storing, whilst not excessive was a continuing "drain" on finances.

We have the "Rapido" now over here, and we will make best use of it.

Pete.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back