US Man fails to win Darwen Award (1 Viewer)

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
US: Tree surgeon survives chainsaw embedded in his neck

• Written by
    Staff Reporter
  • Share this:
    • Broken Link Removed
  • Published on April 2, 2014

A Pennsylvania tree surgeon is lucky to be alive after an accident led to a chainsaw becoming embedded in his neck.
James Valentine, 21, who works for Adler Tree Service in Gibsonia, was in a harness trimming a tree in Ross Township when the chainsaw kicked back and sliced into his neck as reported by KDKA.
A nearby co-worker managed to get Valentine down from the tree before emergency services arrived and he could be rushed to Allegheny General Hospital with the chainsaw still embedded in his neck.
Unbelievably, the chainsaw only cut mostly muscle in his neck, with no major blood vessels severed in the accident, and Valentine is recovering well in hospital.:thumb:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm not sure that he would have been a candidate for the Darwin awards - he was wearing a harness after-all. This is the kind of guy that would make the running for the award when he has an accident: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...snapped-perched-treetop-holding-chainsaw.html

This is very similar to the muppets my neighbour had working on his garden. The owner asked if I wanted the work but I turned him down stating that the risk of damage to his house or shed was too great and it needed a professional. The muppets that turned up didn't wear any PPE and managed to bring branches down onto my shed (no damage) and the owner's shed, just as I had predicted; at least 5 tiles broken + guttering ripped off. Could have been worse though. I'll wait to see how the screw up the dismantling of the main stems / trunks that are still standing, 20ft tall.

Last year's Darwin Awards winner blew himself up when trying to weld a gas tanker. http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2013-01.html

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back