URGENT: UKASH card not usable after 31 Oct 2015 - get your money out NOW!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is an important bit of info for those with a Ukash pre-load card ... sorry if it has been mentioned previously but I couldn't find a thread about it.

Having gone through loads of emails hubby has been sent one from Ukash to say that they are no longer available to those living in the UK:

For some time now, Ukash has been a part of paysafecard - Europe's leading prepaid provider.

For this reason, Ukash is no longer available in Great Britain. However, any remaining credit you may have may still be used until 31 October 2015. You can find a list of online shops accepting Ukash here.

If you have any questions about Ukash and the changeover to paysafecard, please contact Ukash customer service.

Broken Link Removed

It means that if you have funds on the card you MUST use/transfer/withdraw them by 31 October 2015 or basically you've lost it all!!!! :mad:

Fortunately we've only got just under €7 on ours so not a major issue but I know others will have a lot more on and many will probably be totally unaware of this change especially if they're out of the country unless they've seen the emails which Ukash sent out. It also means that anyone who only has this cash card and no backup will have to make other arrangements to get cash out of ATMs etc.

You can still withdraw money at ATMs or spend it in shops etc whilst abroad up until 31 Oct 2015 but in the UK its a bit more complicated ... you can still withdraw cash at an ATM but there's a €1.80 fee plus a 2.75% FX 'mark-up' fee as the card is in € and you'd be converting it to £ (based on the rate on the day, not the rate which you topped up at) which makes it difficult to know exactly how much you have in £ on the card. You can spend the balance at some 'partners' on-line but you'd still need to know how 'much' you actually have on the card in order to do this! - Easiest thing would be to ring Ukash and ask exactly how much you can actually get back as cash at an ATM or if you spend it online!

If you know of anyone who may have a Ukash card please make them aware of this change!!!:eek:

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think that concerns the ukash prepaid travel card

From what I can tell it does as Ukash will not exist in the UK after that date, if you scroll down the page in the below link:

Broken Link Removed

you'll see the following:

Switch over now!
Please remember: Ukash will only be available in Great Britain until 31/08/2015 and may only be used until 31/10/2015. So why not switch to paysafecard today.

but then goes on to say:

Information for MasterCard customers: This change does not affect the Ukash Prepaid MasterCard and Ukash Travel Money Prepaid MasterCard issued by Prepaid Financial Services. You can continue to load and spend with your card.

Its about as clear as mud! Not being 'available' in the UK may simply mean it cannot be used here but then it doesn't make sense not to affect MasterCard ones????

I'm gonna email them for clarification and will report back!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes this is the bit that applies to travel card
Information for MasterCard customers: This change does not affect the Ukash Prepaid MasterCard and Ukash Travel Money Prepaid MasterCard issued by Prepaid Financial Services. You can continue to load and spend with your card.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Nothings changed there from their original announcement about this months ago.

I don't think there was a dedicated thread about it but it was mentioned on a couple of threads about the Euro rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
I have just spoken with UKash and have been told that the Euro prepaid Travel Money card is not being withdrawn and can continue to be used and renewed at its renewal date. Their ownership has changed and some of the links to their websites, including where you have to log on to your account, the new link is:

https://www.prepaidfinancialservices.com/ukashtravel/en/login.aspx

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've now heard back from Ukash:

Regarding your query you mentioned that you have a Ukash Travel Money Card and you would like to know what it's going to happen. I understand your concern and I am pleased to assist you today.

In April 2015 Ukash became part of Skrill Group. As a result the Ukash online cash voucher scheme is being replaced with Skrill Group’s paysafecard scheme on 31st October 2015. This change does not affect the Ukash Travel Money Prepaid MasterCard issued by Prepaid Financial Services. You can continue to load and spend with your card as before.

I would like to inform you that our prepaid cards are now handled by a different department. You can contact them if you have any other issues:

Customer Services: +44(0)203 6333 854

Email: ukash@prepaidfinancialservices.com

So it is the VOUCHER scheme which is being stopped but it is far from clear on the site! Good news as we are stopping our FairFX cards due to their now charging £1.50 for ATM withdrawals, and 50p for SMS topping up and balance checking.

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
charlie you wouldnt say thet if you had been caught up with Crown Currency?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back