Urgent question re pacemaker

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Reallyretired, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Last weekend I had a fainting episode in Brighton (atrial flutter), was taken into hospital and have have a pacemaker fitted to avoid a recurrence of this in the future.
    The blurb I have been given says I should not drive for a week and must inform DVLA.

I drive my MH GVW 4000kg on C1 grandfatherr rights, but the DVLA form only mentions a Group 1 licence. There is a separate, more complicated arrangement for HGV/PSV licence holders but of course I don't hold these licences.

Any pacemaker wearers, with motorhomes over 3500kg who can advise please ??

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've PMd someone who has one fitted, I'd rather not name him on the forum as if some of the women he chats up knew he had one they'd worry about him.....

• Like Like x 4
  3. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

My motorhoming chum discovered he needed one because his resting heart rate was extremely low. His is being fitted on Thursday and home in the evening. Thats amazing almost as good as Kwik Fit!
    I can't comment on the motorhome.I don't know the weight of his,he has been off driving for the last month.

4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Thanks a bunch Jim...now my secret is out !!

This happened to me, in Stornoway !!!!...:Doh: Same treatment same advice....I notified the DVLA and also my insurers (Caravanguard) no increase in premium :thumb: Hope this helps !!:Cool::Cool::Cool: