urgent pump help needed (1 Viewer)

Gobil

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
hey all,

In middle of Spain at the moment and my sureflo pump has started to leak, took it out and definately has problems. Need to replace but at a loss as what to do!? anyone know a place where I could get one repaired or get a new one near Salamanca in Spain? I saw one for sale in UK but shippinh will be too long I think.

Any Motorhome stores around here?

Thanks a mil!

Gobil

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hiya gobil

Cant answer your question sorry however

if you have "recovery" AA, RAC etc, why not give their breakdown service a call and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Dont know if this place will be able to point you in the right direction its actually a motorhome rental place in madrid called
autocaravan express -Tel 0034 916 571006.
most places have someone that speaks english.

or as stated try your breakdown recovery people see f they can tell you of a dealer/spares nearer you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
This may be of help but worth a try,we were at a campsite at Salamanca this week and at its entrance is a caravan and motorhome sales and repair shop. The gps co ordinates are n 40deg58 30 w 5deg 36 13 , the best bet is write down the make of your pump and ask for a bomba de agua and give them your peice of paper, good luck
Trev:thumb:

steveheather

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
Bourne, Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Pro
Exp
8 Years
Sureflo Leak

Hi there, I don't know if you have already tried the following but it is worth noting that these pumps do develop a leak from time to time around the diaphragm join.

You will see a series of screws around the pump that secure the diaphragm etc together. Screw these up as tight as you can - usually a slight turn does the trick. Mine has developed this twice in 8 years, coincidentally most recently only last week. Vibration over time is the usual culprit.

Steve

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

From memory I think you can get a recon kit for Shurflo, but the suggestion of tightening up screws is a good idea,

Peter

OP
OP
G

Gobil

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
thanks for the help,

I'll try the place in Salamanca, also took it apart ad had alook, very dirty, seems to be leaking from the top of one of the screws, it is rusty so could have been the case for a while. Also leaking from under the diaphrams, no obvious holes but dont know under pressure.

If I get a new one with a higher pressure rating, is this a problem for my set-up? I'm mainly worried about the pressure tank,

thanks for all the help!

G

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Sureflo Pump

Hi Gobil

We experienced your problem when in Spain last year, and if your leak is from the centre area, the diaphram, then may I suggest the following:

Turn the pump on, can you see water jetting out from the joint?

Dismantle the pump and clean away all the dirt and gunge, and allow to dry out.

We purchased from Carrefour and small tube of dow corning, about €2.95

I think our pump had a gasket, which was rotten so disposed of it.

Apply the dow corning (or marine sealant) around the joint, and reassemble the pump.

When assembling the pump, take care not to over tighten the screws.

We left ours to set over night, before installing into the system.

We intended to replace our pump on return to the UK, but the repair worked so well it was still on the m/h when we changed it last October, and a lot less expensive than a new pump.

Good luck.

Nomadic:thumb:

Boppintone

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 months
Glad I found this thread as I am having this same problem just now, your post has given me the confidence to tackle the job myself, which should be no problem even if I have to make a gasket, it sounds as though the pump is constructed as I thought it would be, but without taking it out and stripping down I didn't know what I might find, your post has told me what i needed to know. So many thanks buddy.

Regards Tony

We experienced your problem when in Spain last year, and if your leak is from the centre area, the diaphram, then may I suggest the following:

Turn the pump on, can you see water jetting out from the joint?

Dismantle the pump and clean away all the dirt and gunge, and allow to dry out.

We purchased from Carrefour and small tube of dow corning, about €2.95

I think our pump had a gasket, which was rotten so disposed of it.

Apply the dow corning (or marine sealant) around the joint, and reassemble the pump.

When assembling the pump, take care not to over tighten the screws.

We left ours to set over night, before installing into the system.

We intended to replace our pump on return to the UK, but the repair worked so well it was still on the m/h when we changed it last October, and a lot less expensive than a new pump.

Good luck.

Nomadic:thumb:[/QUOTE]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back