Urgent help required - Replacement Drain Pipe

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by Rockingdodge, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Rockingdodge

Rockingdodge Read Only Funster

Hi All,

Moved onto site last night to find that sometime during the day, probably going over one of many potholes, my waste pipe on my Kontiki 640L dislodged and disintegrated losing the tap as well.
    Can anyone advise me where to get and what to get to replace it please?
    This is urgent as I am off for a few days over Easter and want to fix it before then.

Thanks

Roger

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I don't know what sort of pipe you need but when I needed replacement flexible (convoluted) pipe I was able to buy it at local caravan accessory shops. I did have a problem finding a tap and in the end bought one designed for a garden water butt from Wilkinsons which is the same size fitting so can be kept in pace with a Jubilee clip.

If you need rigid piping I would guess that a plumbing shop might be the best place to try.

Graham

3. keith

keith Funster

Aquatic garden centres sell lots of different pipes and fittings that may be of use.

her's one close to you. HERE

4. johnnerontheroad

johnnerontheroad Read Only Funster

5. Rockingdodge

Thanks but I'm really not sure what diameter pipe it is and can't check untill tonight.
    it looks like an inch pipe in old money but I'm not sure.

6. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

Sorry I can't help with your plumbing problem, since like most mature males my main interest in such matters is how I shall cope with more personal plumbing problems when they arise.

However, a point of more more personal interest arises from the reply kindly provided by Keith & Jean. We regularly go past their place on our way up and down the A74. I've often wondered at what seems to be little more than a confession, perhaps a "coming out" in the language of a few years ago.

"ECCLEFECHAN". Is this a disease, or a hobby? How does one go about fechan an Eccle? Come to think of it, what is an Eccle? ( Older Funsters may remember the Famous Eccles, who combined to make Harry Secombe). Are there degrees awarded, so one can put B.E. or M.E. behind one's name? Even a Doctorate in Ecclefechan??

C'mon, Keith and Jean - out yourselves, join the liberated... what is Ecclefechan, what long hours of training did you have to put in?

Can anyone play? Even Big Jim, PJ and his cornpipe, Mountain Man, Shift'n'Snooze, Lord Peter, James the mighty Haggis-Basher, all those amazing denizens of MHF? Even your ever loving ..Imprint?

7. lookback

lookback Read Only Funster

8. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

I recently found my waste had fallen off, you probably need 1' pipe and 3/4' fittings which for a quick fit job you could use flexi pipe and a Caravan waste tap. Visit your nearest Caravan shop. Cak Tanks also stock all the rigid pipework but when i rang them they wanted at least a week to deliver.:thumb:

9. Big Momma

Big Momma Read Only Funster

I know that this may sound obvious but have you contacted SWIFT who would have the relevant dimensions you require. They may also be able to provide replacements by Courier within 24 Hours. Just a thought

10. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Roger,

If you phone Glenn or Ian 01-580-881288 they will be able to help you and hopefully supply the parts you need

Peter

11. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Swift will not supply parts direct, has to go through a dealer unfortunately

Peter

12. TinaGlenn

TinaGlenn Read Only Funster

We had the same problem a week ago, when filling the tanks and checking that there had been no damage over the winter one of the drain pipes from our water tank was dripping. Looking at the prices quoted to us for "Proper" motorhome hose was making Glenn feel ill. In the end we got some of the same kind of pipe from a Koi fish aquatic place. The tubing we have is 25mm and it is smooth on the inside and has a corrigated reinforced outer. All fitted, leak tested and perfect for the job at £2.50 a metre rather than CAK tanks quote of £30 per metre!!!

Tina

13. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Hi Tina,

You sure thats not £30 for a roll, I cannot see CAK Tanks charging that price.
    our price is £1-94 a metre

Confluted Grey Waste Water Hose 23.5mm

Peter

14. TinaGlenn

TinaGlenn Read Only Funster

Hi Peter,

Just checked on the site and you are right I think Glenn was reading without his specs when he found that, we were looking at the 25mm superflex hose, and it is £3.25 per metre :Blush:
    We wanted the smooth inner to stop gunge and stuff getting stuck in the corrigations, and it had to have the reinforced outer to stop it kinking, as it has to go around a couple of tight bends.
    I appologise to CAK tanks for my error, but it was still cheaper, and faster to pop to the local Koi place and buy the hose therre.

Tina

15. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

yours was probably the same as mine.....a rigid pipe and a brass and chrome lever valve.

mine also cracked lengthwise so just got taped up but its worth replacing with flexy convoluted pipe and rubber inserts to slide over rigid stubs at the tank and valve, and the valve you will get from a plumbers merchant.

plastic rigid pipe eventually turns very brittle.

16. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Bit like our bones then John:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Peter

17. Rockingdodge

Thanks everyone, have now ordered said pipe from Johns Cross just need to pop up to the plumbers now.

Regards

Roger