Urgent Help Please Dometic Fridge (1 Viewer)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We're on site, got back from walk, fridge not working & won't switch on. Dometic Automatic Energy Selection/ Automatic Ignition (RM 8XX5) AES I believe...
Everything else is working.
Have checked fuses 1, 4, 11, 12.
2013 model Bessacarr.
NB I have checked the manual!

Any ideas anyone please?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
image.jpg
Sounds like the control circuit fuse has blown. Usually 3 amp.
You can remove the lower vent and check the voltage at the terminals if you cannot find the fuse. It is very small wire connected to +ve -ve electronics terminals.
Sometimes (rapido) it is doubled up on the hob ignitor fuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWH

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it will not turn on (ignite) on gas if the battery level is too low, it will not run on 12v unless the engine is running.
It will not get cold on EHU if the fuse is blown or trip tripped etc.

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Andy thanks for such a quick response, sadly I'm embarrassed to admit that I have so little electronics knowledge I don't know what/ where the control circuit fuse is. Is it something I might be able to fix? My pack of spare fuses doesn't seem to have a 3 amp.
Joyce/ Brian yes we're on EHU but it's dead as the proverbial.
Wildman there are no indicator lights showing at all.

Sorry late replying - t'internet keeps dropping out.

This is a fated trip - had emergency visits to optician & dentist so far!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
If it's Sargent? they use a 5 amp and I suspect it is the same one as the oven hob heater igniters

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I have the same prob with my Thetford, at Bilboa it woudn't turn off for the ferry, at Portsmouth it showed no light nd wont turn on, my hab man is getting me a new control board for behind the buttons, my fridge fuse is ok, I asked on Swift Talk (worth joining when you have good internet Free) Swift said its the board. Pete

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes Andy it's Sargent.
OK checked that (fuse 13) looks fine, tried a replacement just in case, nothing doing though.

Pete, sorry to hear you're also having problems, sounds similar though I don't understand why it would switch itself off if it was the board. But as I freely admit, I understand nothing (I do try!)

Many thanks for all the help, ideas and advice, I think we've come to the end of my ability to do anything though (laughs long & hard), methinks a phone call to Swift on Monday to find a nice service engineer on Anglesey. Sorry to let you down Andy...

Now what to do with 4 litres milk etc???

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Yes Andy it's Sargent.
OK checked that (fuse 13) looks fine, tried a replacement just in case, nothing doing though.

Pete, sorry to hear you're also having problems, sounds similar though I don't understand why it would switch itself off if it was the board. But as I freely admit, I understand nothing (I do try!)

Many thanks for all the help, ideas and advice, I think we've come to the end of my ability to do anything though (laughs long & hard), methinks a phone call to Swift on Monday to find a nice service engineer on Anglesey. Sorry to let you down Andy...

Now what to do with 4 litres milk etc???

Hi
Me to I am not very techy but I try lol. good luck with your problem. Pete

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Hi Pete,
I had the same problem with my late-model Dometic fridge last year. No leds lighting up, no power to the control panel to fire it up on gas etc - all fuses fine. I got a mobile engineer on the phone who immediately said 'it's the motherboard'. Cost £99 for the board which had to be ordered - he fitted it but it looked like it would be a doddle to do yourself if you were confident enough.
Hope that helps...
Jac

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Pete,
I had the same problem with my late-model Dometic fridge last year. No leds lighting up, no power to the control panel to fire it up on gas etc - all fuses fine. I got a mobile engineer on the phone who immediately said 'it's the motherboard'. Cost £99 for the board which had to be ordered - he fitted it but it looked like it would be a doddle to do yourself if you were confident enough.
Hope that helps...
Jac
Hi Jac
Thanks for that but fortunately it still under guarantee til September , but good to know for the future. Pete

OP
OP
CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Update: Him Indoors decided to see if the front panel comes off, result: it bleeped & the lights came back on briefly. Lots of thumping & caressing later and the LED's are on fulltime now ( but we daren't breathe in case they go off again). The fridge is slowly cooling too.
Hope it stays on, but definitely a trip to the dealers on the way home.
Thanks for all info. Just one of the things MHF does so very well - friendly advice and expertise so generously given.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back