Urgent Firework Display (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Sharon, How far away from the fireworks display is the campsite?? Just wondering if we would need to tow our Smartie, one of us has a mobility problem and can't walk very far. :frowny:

Tried number, no answer, will try tomorrow again.

Laurie:Smile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Sharon, How far away from the fireworks display is the campsite?? Just wondering if we would need to tow our Smartie, one of us has a mobility problem and can't walk very far. :frowny:

Tried number, no answer, will try tomorrow again.

Laurie:Smile:

Hi Laurie

Answer to your first question - out of the gate, turn left, take next turning left into Stanford Hall - realistically a ten minute walk. As the crow flies, three minutes, but we are not crows!
Regarding answerphone - if you definately want a pitch, pm me with your details and I will book it for you - I am at home 24/7 ::bigsmile:

Sharon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I'll ring in the morning.

As I 'll be doing 340 Miles round trip need to extend.

Saw on there sites dogs are OK and free.

My poor RV is filthy though:blush:that the downside of storage

I want to try and get to Chris Cox to get him to check the lighting on my A frame.

If we can be altogether that would be best.

I am not to good at walking to far either:wub:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Sharon, is it possible to drive to the firework display?

Absolutely - 95% of all fireworks guests drive or walk there!!!!

Please let me just say - we have only been once - but it is a fantastic evening! Couple that with a bit of camping and Bob's your Uncle........

Sharon

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Absolutely - 95% of all fireworks guests drive or walk there!!!!

Please let me just say - we have only been once - but it is a fantastic evening! Couple that with a bit of camping and Bob's your Uncle........

Sharon

What do the other 5% do? Strap a catherine wheel to each foot and 'wheely' there? :eek::Smile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
John

It would be lovely to see you again - and maybe meet Irina this time??

Let me know if there are any concerns once you have phoned the site.

We will be arriving lunchtime on Friday, and leaving late afternoon on Sunday. Unfortunately we cannot extend our stay (although summer school hols) because we are off to France on following Weds.

Sharon

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
LOL Bryan - Walk of course - from the campsite.

It is a ten minute walk, and you just get lost in the path of other walkers..... Drink and nibbles for the evening - some take lighting, blankets, chairs, we even saw full
6- place settings at a dinner table!!! I liken it a bit to Ascot, where you can push the boat out as much as you want to.....

(BTW we take drink, nibbles and a torch, with chairs........ that's it for us!!)

It is also possible to drive your Rv the two mins into Stanford Hall and set up there for the show - please ask reception at campsite.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
ok here is a list of folk I believe are booked to go to this meet:

RockieRV (kands)
TinaGlenn
WebAgents (bryan, suzy)
JockandRita
robsons
LeoK
mandyandandy

Sharon

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I'll ring in the morning.

As I 'll be doing 340 Miles round trip need to extend.

Saw on there sites dogs are OK and free.

My poor RV is filthy though:blush:that the downside of storage

I want to try and get to Chris Cox to get him to check the lighting on my A frame.

If we can be altogether that would be best.

I am not to good at walking to far either:wub:

You have to come now, John.

How else can we discuss hitch locks?::bigsmile:

Bryan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Sorry be be the bearer of bad new but the site cant take RV's due to the flooding.

Unless you can go in something lighter please phone and cancel.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Sorry be be the bearer of bad new but the site cant take RV's due to the flooding.

Unless you can go in something lighter please phone and cancel.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
omg John - have just seen your post. I will call them now.

Sharon

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
was just going to reply and say that i hope you all have a fab time.......but it looks like you wont be going to the ball either which is a shame

i am heading down saaaaaf chasing the sun for the weekend meeting up with the outlaws so cant make it but will try to get to one of the next trips being planned

cheers :Smile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well I am very sorry folks, just spoken to site who tell me they are not taking ANY motorhomes for this coming weekend. Apparently they took a c class last night to test the ground, and have had to pull it out this morning.
So rain definately stops play on this one......

Next meet for us is mid Sept at Virginia Lake if anyone fancies it.

Sharon

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
The site is refusing all motorhomes for this weekend..... Sorry folks

Sharon

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Well I am very sorry folks, just spoken to site who tell me they are not taking ANY motorhomes for this coming weekend. Apparently they took a c class last night to test the ground, and have had to pull it out this morning.
So rain definately stops play on this one......

Next meet for us is mid Sept at Virginia Lake if anyone fancies it.

Sharon

that looks good, i can spend all weekend with my rod in my hand, wonder if i will catch anything! :whatthe:

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
Only you can answer that Hugh basing your answer on past experience ::bigsmile:

when i was younger i used to catch quite a lot, but alas i have not done it for quite some time, so, may be out of practice somewhat :roflmto:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Now I am confused. This was posted on another motorhome site yesterday.
Hi,

We had a ride over there on Saturday and there must have been around 9 huge RV's in there, some are there permanent and on hard standing but some where up at the top of the field.

I spoke to the lady yesterday about us going and a question on the fee's and she made no mention of there being a problem with our van.

Had 2 lovely days over here so maybe it is drying out nicely, we are going and really looking forward to it. Only 20mins from home so should be getting there nice and early for a change.

Mandy

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Suzy

Yes, I would be confused too - but I spoke to the warden and she explained that there was soooooo much boggy ground, that even great weather this week wouldn't make the ground suitable for RV's. As for letting smaller vehicles on, maybe the site have changed their mind on this one, and will if you are willing to run the risk of getting stuck.

Sharon

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Well guys, we are hoping to pop in for a drink - especially as we have been invited!!
Probably tomorrow, if all goes to plan.

Sharon

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Fireworks informal meet

Hi all,

What a great weekend, but won't write too much, as it's already been written,

>>>>HERE>>>
Link Removed

We would definately love to do this again, oh, and by the way, a good pub with good beer, is only about a mile away. It was dispensing "Skinners "Cornish Knockers", and I had myself a lovely pair of them..................... or should that read, "two of them. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jock ( & Rita)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for that guys, it did have a makings of a very good meet, I am sure that those that did attend enjoyed it and didn't get too bogged in. Thanks also for the link but I dare not click on it in case I have a relapse and have to go back into rehab. :roflmto:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jock & Rita
Thanks for putting that up. It was really great to see you and Rita and meet up with Tina and (briefly ::bigsmile:) Glen as well as Wendy & Geoff for the first time. Mandy and Andy were fun as usual ::bigsmile:, and we are sorry that we didn't catch up with Leo & Penny (think they were having a kip ::bigsmile:). I also want to thank Jock for that wonderful glass of Speckled Hen, although I am glad that I didn't take up your offer of more :roflmto:, it went down very well on such a hot afternoon.......
We managed to stop at a few motorhomes on the way out and distribute the flyers by the way :winky:
So glad that you enjoyed the meet, we were really disappointed that we could not join you all but we will be looking at running this again next year for anyone that is interested.
Thanks also for your kind words on the other place, maybe you could post our thanks on there for us.....

Keith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back