upupandaway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by upupandaway, May 26, 2013.

1. upupandaway

upupandaway Read Only Funster

HI,

Just joined, have a 1996 Winnebago rialta 2.5 petrol based on a vw transporter type 4, which we have owned for three years, we have always had vw campers from 1980 through the years, and thought that now as we approach being three score years and ten we should buy something to "see us out", anyone that has reservations of owning a left hand drive camper should fear not, they are fantastic.
    Any parts we have needed have been readily available from the USA and the back up service has been brilliant.
    We get on average 30 mpg ish with a vehicle 21 feet long , 7 feet wide and approx. 8.5 feet high.
    We have carried out many modifications to suit our needs, I act my shoe size not my age ! (according to my wife).
    Is there anyone out there in the UK that has one of these ?
    Looking forward to receiving some positive feed back from like mined "old gits"

2. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to the Fun! :thumb:

Mine's a 1995 VW T4 but a Holdaworth conversion. 'Shirley's' only done 34,000 miles from new :Smile:

Happy travels!

3. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

Welcome aboard:thumb: we are near neighbours , live at London Bridge ,store my van at Abbey Wood.:Smile:

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the fun, sad to say the only rialto's I have seen have been sever rust buckets so would advise waxoyl or similar treatment ASAP.