Uprating Vehicle - Has Anyone Done It Themselves (not Via Svtech) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can anyone tell me please how long "John" takes to do his calculations and send out the necessary paperwork ready for DVSA.
A couple of weeks max normally and you send it to the DVLA, not DVSA.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Can anyone tell me please how long "John" takes to do his calculations and send out the necessary paperwork ready for DVSA.
He's not the quickest of communicators Brian, ie, doesn't always respond to emails, and couldn't unzip a file of document images I sent him, so it became a little protracted for me, but we got there in the end with an uprating to 5.5T GVW, and 6.5T GTW. (y)

Just waiting for DVLA to do their bit now.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
P.S. Hope you and Joyce are both well. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
He's not the quickest of communicators Brian, ie, doesn't always respond to emails, and couldn't unzip a file of document images I sent him, so it became a little protracted for me, but we got there in the end with an uprating to 5.5T GVW, and 6.5T GTW. (y)

Just waiting for DVLA to do their bit now.

Cheers,

P.S. Hope you and Joyce are both well. (y)
Hi Jock, we're both in good form thanks and hope you and Rita are well also.

I have already experienced John failing to be able to open one file, so had to resend it in a different format but I can live with that and I'm sure he will get a satisfactory solution.

Hopefully we will get together sometime soon as it has been a while. We are off to Saltfleet next but I don't think you are on the list so I may have to drink my own Scotch.:(

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
A few days tops for me
Andy can you please advise how long does the DVLA take? I've got both the uprating to complete and also retrieve my D1 driving licence which I stupidly gave up some 4 months ago
Thanks Ian

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Thanks Andy-John has virtually completed his task but as we are going to France in 4 weeks I'll leave it off until we return. Was only 30kg under weight at weighbridge if we emptied fresh water tank- so uprating well worth doing giving us another 180 kgs
Ian

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks Andy-John has virtually completed his task but as we are going to France in 4 weeks I'll leave it off until we return. Was only 30kg under weight at weighbridge if we emptied fresh water tank- so uprating well worth doing giving us another 180 kgs
Ian
Yes I deferred doing mine until after our holiday. Not wise to rely on DVLA bless em

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Andy can you please advise how long does the DVLA take? I've got both the uprating to complete and also retrieve my D1 driving licence which I stupidly gave up some 4 months ago
Thanks Ian
When I rang to see how ours was getting on with the DVLA, it was about 2 weeks after I'd sent them - they said it took at least 3 weeks just for the docs to be scanned and entered into the system, and until that was done they were unable to do anything! :rolleyes:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
About this up plating malarky. The biggest delays in the whole process for me was DVSA's and DVLA's inability to issue the correct document or information, ie, DVSA issued a photo copy of the VTG 6, so that I could send off for a corrected V5C over a month ago. I've just contacted them today, to question the whereabouts of the original VTG 6. "Oh Mr T#####T, we can't locate it, and as you've not received it, we'll have to issue you with another." WHAT?
I send everything by recorded delivery to these government agencies, to ensure delivery, so why can't they? :mad: If they think I'll be sending the replacement VTG 6 in to DVLA, they can blooming well think again, (please read below).

Then there is the DVLA themselves, who received my V5C, with all the accompanying documentation needed, just to alter the weight from 5000Kgs to 5500Kgs, and nothing else. As posted somewhere else, they've only gone and changed the blooming wheelplan on the V5C from a 3 x axle rigid body, to a two axle rigid body..........................despite the supporting documentation showing 3 x axle weights. Gordon Bl##dy Bennett.
On contacting them again today , they advise me that they will need to check out their records before issuing a corrected V5C, to make sure that there hasn't been an axle change, from 3 x to 2 x. :mad:
Surely, if there had been an axle change, wouldn't there have been some documentation to that effect, instead of a newly issued VTG 6, clearly showing 3 x axle weights? :eek:

I do despair :( ........................ so I am going for a pint to wind down shortly. ;) (That's my excuse anyway. :LOL: )

Cheers for now,

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Just wondering if you up rated?. If so did the dealer do it for you?.
Mickey.
Yes up plated, the dealer would need the correct C o C from the converter showing the weight you want to up plate to. Most are not keen or cant be bothered, so its a case of luck.

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Yes up plated, the dealer would need the correct C o C from the converter showing the weight you want to up plate to. Most are not keen or cant be bothered, so its a case of luck.
Thanks for your reply, Did it cost you ?.
Mickey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back