Uprating experiences please.... (1 Viewer)

Stevewheels

Free Member
Aug 25, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Renault master Lwb hi top
Exp
New
I have a Renault master 2006 which I have had fully converted including wheelchair lift, scooter rack, completely empty dry of fuel water any contents it weighs in at 3000kg. Fully loaded with water racks fuel Me! It weighs in at 3577kg so clearly if fully loaded it is going to be over weight so I am in the process of uprating with a company recommended in Preston called svtech, for their recommendations and support it comes in at a cost of £240+vat then I will hopefully be up to just shy of 3900kg . One thing they may recommend or even if they don't I am considering is vb rear semi air suspension.

So my questions are;
Has anyone else gone through this process , advice please?
Has anyone installed the updated semi air and how did it go?
Has anyone used svtech was it a positive experience?
Does anyone else provide this service in the uk?
Any other advice before I go through this process will be very welcome

Thanks Steve

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I uprated my van from 4.5 to 5 ton using SVTech. In my case, it was just a paperwork exercise (ie no physical work needed to be done to van to secure upgraded weight). SVTech dealt with everything very quickly - no problems whatever - can recommend them. :Smile:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I also have a renault master, and had it up rated from 3.5 to 3.9 with svtech,
It was just a paper exercise so very straight forward,
But I also decided to fit Dunlop air suspension to the rear on the Alko chassis and uprate my tyres from 112 load index to 115 to give me a comfortable margin above my max payload for piece of mind,
The air suspension made a massive difference to ride and handling especially in the strong winds we have had of late,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We used SV Tech when we updated our van from 3500 to 3700. S V Tech advised us that this would be a paperwork only excercise and they provided all of the necessary documentation, all we had to do was pay a visit to our local DVLA office. All went well, no problems at all. I am happy to recommend the services of S V Tech.

Brisey.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We used SV Tech to uprate our Rapido from 3700Kg to 3850Kg I would rate them as five star------use them with confidence

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We uprated our Carioca 656 from 3500kg to 3700kg. Paper exercise followed by visit to local DVLA office. Only difference now will be (I guess) that you send the docs to the DVLA at Swansea
SVTech were excellent as far as I am concerned.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We used SV Tech to uprate our van from 4500kg to 5000kg no alterations needed. We did have a problem with the DVLA mislaying the paperwork then claiming we needed to prove it was a motorhome. Phoned SV Tech they dealt with the whole thing contacted DVLA sorted out all the issues and log book came back with new weight added.

Brilliant company would definitely recommend them, like all things it seems expensive until something goes wrong then they earn their money. :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I have a Renault master 2006 which I have had fully converted including wheelchair lift, scooter rack, completely empty dry of fuel water any contents it weighs in at 3000kg. Fully loaded with water racks fuel Me! It weighs in at 3577kg so clearly if fully loaded it is going to be over weight so I am in the process of uprating with a company recommended in Preston called svtech, for their recommendations and support it comes in at a cost of £240+vat then I will hopefully be up to just shy of 3900kg . One thing they may recommend or even if they don't I am considering is vb rear semi air suspension.

So my questions are;
Has anyone else gone through this process , advice please?The same as evryone else, never heard a bad report from anyone dealing with SVTech
Has anyone installed the updated semi air and how did it go? It is a simple addition that makes all the difference to your ride and levelling.
Does anyone else provide this service in the uk? Don't know, why bother when you have heard everyones experience is so good?

Thanks Steve

In a nutshell no problems I know of my only problem was with removing one of the bumpstops before fitting the air ride system.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

So my questions are;

Thanks Steve

Yes as we speak papers sent to DVLA as this is what yo have to do now

Dunlop fitted by Armitage Trailers, works well

Yes as stated by others easy to do, I had to have the air ride fitted to get from 3500 to 3850

Not that I know of

No just do it :thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Used svtech to uplate my last van (Fiat) from 3700 to 4100.
Used a dunlop air kit spplied by marcle leisure, fitted myself.
Can recomend both companies, in fact I have just fitted an air kit to this van & am currently getting it upplated using the same two companies.

seariderab

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Funster No
uprates

In a nutshell no problems I know of my only problem was with removing one of the bumpstops before fitting the air ride system.

hi anybody gone from a 3300 to 3500 is it easy as my is only 3300 what do i need to do hthanks

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages

So my questions are;

Thanks Steve

I may be wrong , but you also need a pre 1997 driving licence to drive over 3500 kg ( unless things have changed). Only today was I asked by my insurance company did I have the correct licence for my vehicle ( renewal time) so if you don,t you will be illegal , also check your axle weights :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I uprated my Rapido from 3850 to 4000 with SVtech. Just a paper exercise, though quite expensive for a small but much needed increase in payload.

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Just in the process of uprating our Hobby from 3500 to 4000 with SVtech. Don't forget if you are altering your suspension you are adding more weight.:Smile:

OP
OP
Stevewheels

Stevewheels

Free Member
Aug 25, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Renault master Lwb hi top
Exp
New
Thank you

Thanks all for your comments, forms filled out and sent off so process underway yes do need pre 97 driving licence which thankfully I have. Will wait to see what is recommended but I think air suspension is on the cards..

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Yes I used SVtech a couple of months ago and uprated my Arto from 5000kg to 5500kg, very good service

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back