uplating and re-taxing (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Just been to my local DVLA office to see about getting the log book changed and a new tax disc after uplating our motorhome, phew did I learn something, the very helpful lady asked me for my Insurance certificate and current mot.
Of course I didn`t take those as I am in the DVLA office and they know you have both, er no apparently local offices don`t use the same software or have access to the main office in Cardiff :Doh:
Anyway she tells me that my MOT ran out on the 18th August opps silly me has all the Mot`s from the first one and they are all from October to October, the current one is from August to August, (mental note to self I must be more observant in future):Blush:

Gave her the form of declaration from SvTech and she said i`ve never seen one of those before, thankfully another member of staff passed by and said oh yeah dealt with them loads of time that`s all ok. Phew..

So top man there says I need current insurance cert and MOT cert an ordinary car MOT will be fine, I asked er.. even though it`s now classed as Private heavy goods.
Yes a class 4 is all you need. so i learned something else as I thought it was a different rating.

Best thing of all is that it`s now cheaper to tax the motorhome, who on earth makes all these rules up...
Still nice to be in pocket for once. :thumb:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I did mine about 3 weeks ago, still waiting for my V5. Could be up to 8 weeks. Mine was also done by SVTech.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back