Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I want to clean the cab seat upholstry,in our motorhome any experience on the best cleaner to use? :Eeek:

Thanks in advance

Dave:thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Dave

We have a Kracher (sp) carpet/upholstery cleaner which we bought to clean the RV soft furnishings, the best chemical I've found is Rug Doctor.. but it could be applied (diluted) with a spray bottle and cleaned off using a sponge and fresh water, I've even cleaned the pleated blinds using it ..

jim

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Autoglymn carpet & upholstery cleaner :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hire a Rug Doctor cleaner from your local Dry Cleaner or B&Q.
It will really give the upholstery a good clean. The system will leave your funishings almost dry and you can do the carpets at the same time.

VERY IMPORTANT! Also purchase at the same time the protective after spray (sort of Scotch Guard) otherwise rapid soiling will re-occur.

Last edited:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
I bought a Vax for the job and use 1001 fluid with just a couple of capfulls of meths (to cut through the grease)...................it came up great when I 1st did it but a few months down the line it needs doing again......Hmmmm sounds like a this weekend project ::bigsmile:

Boo

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hire a Rug Doctor cleaner from your local Dry Cleaner or B&Q.
It will really give the upholstery a good clean. The system will leave your funishings almost dry and you can do the carpets at the same time.

VERY IMPORTANT! Also purchase at the same time the protective after spray (sort of Scotch Guard) otherwise rapid soiling will re-occur.

Can I say based on 5 years running a small Carpet and Upholstery buisness, the only reason rapid resoiling occurs is when the cleansing agent (detergent) is not properley extracted from the Uphostery. When it dries as solid particles within the fabric , it attracts dirt quicker than Uphosterey which as not been cleaned.

Last edited:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can I say based on 5 years running a small Carpet and Upholstery buisness, the only reason rapid resoiling occurs is when the cleansing agent (detergent) is not properley extracted from the Uphostery. When it dries as solid particles within the fabric , it attracts dirt quicker than Uphosterey which as not been cleaned.

Absolutely agree, which is why it is recommended to use the fabric protector as a 'belt and braces' approach.

OP
OP
DESCO

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks for the advice.
Now don't have an excuse for not getting on with it :Eeek:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
any of the above and female elbow grease , got to be a ladies job :RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
DESCO

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
any of the above and female elbow grease , got to be a ladies job :RollEyes::RollEyes:

So agree but she just comes back with i'm disabled ha ha there's no answer to that.

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The distance involved might make it unafforable.:Smile: Visited phoniex and Scottsdale lovely place with plenty of sun.

OP
OP
DESCO

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp