Sep 12, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Transit coachbuilt
Exp
8years & counting
Hi guys, happy new year to you all,
Can anyone recommend an upholsterer in the Merseyside area ?
Cheers Keith.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
If it is any help,a lot of the upholsterers have EHU points to enable customers to sleep over,while their m/h s being fettled. One of these is Regal Furnishings in Ilkeston Derbyshire,not far from the 'Pool. with a fair wind behind you. Other posters will give details of other outlets/firms,so pick one in an area you fancy a couple of days in,sort of,"works Tour" LOL.
Twice we have used Regal,they did the interior of a Timberland we had and have done the interior of our Wildax Europa,proper jobs each time.Best of luck.
Tea Bag

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We are currently at Regal Upholsterers after agreeing dates with them at Lincoln Show. Unfortunately we managed to get into the yard ok but the 3 electric supply points all appear to be switched off from within their premises. Glad I took the genny with us as we've been out a week with no lekky and only covered 16 miles driving here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The cheeky git ;) above used my genny for four hours to top up his yank tank then complains when I plug in my van:mad:. However, a quick email to Regal got a response within the hour and the proprietor, who has just returned from his jollies in Antigua, came out opened up, and switched the supply on from the main distribution board. Thats what you call service. (y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
You are in an area,with MORE than its share of rough boys. Information gleaned while attending dances? in this area many moons ago. as Eddie Waring would have said."Excercise, those lads are just keeping warm in the car park". They knew how to defend their dance halls and girls.
Go into any pub up in the Town centre,a Blue 'un,(£5 to you) in the right hands,will get it switched off....whenever. However,give it a while,and some... how can i put this..... Collector ?LOL may just have it away,due to the noise beckoning them to it,much like moths to a flame.
We may have both misjudged these fellow travellers however,in the morning,they may knock on your door and offer you a ....FULL ENGLISH...Result. DREAM ON LOL If ever a fridge box pulled up for the night near me,i found 4-5 pints of lager,would drown the noise out and i slept like a log,worth a punt?
Tea Bag.
PS. Once Regal open up,your worries will be forgotten,good set of lads and ladies in there.Rumour has it,they will run you up into "Illson" in a car and pick you up when your ready,you did not hear this from me.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Well the work took a day longer than planned, due to a key member of staff off due to man flu :LOL:. The curtain lady Elaine excelled in particular, running up several demo curtains for us to try as we couldn't make our minds up. The leather we chose has turned out to look stunning. Lynne, their famous seamstress did a cracking job and the Isri seats now look the dogs doodahs.

Now back home and well pleased with the work that Barry and his team carried out. Nothing too much trouble for Regal. We went to the local greasy spoon round the corner each morning and had some cracking food. Went up into T'hillson last night and ate at Wetherspoons.(y)

Can thoroughly recommend Regal for an internal makeover. They are very busy though.(y). Good job we booked well in advance.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Tea Bag - you have misunderstood my earlier post - the cheeky git is in fact my mate and we were just having a bit of banter on here i.e. I loaned him my genny, for four hours, then he jokingly complains when I use the genny myself.

kalamitty

Free Member
Nov 16, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 89
i used regal it took four attempts before they got my van sorted, tried to hide the gap ( ie the base foam was to short) so first bend in road all furnishings slid onto the floor. next they put new foam in the covers but the covers were too small in the end they had to completely recover everthing as they had run out of material, so had three extra trips and the owner said he wouldn't charge for the new foam.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Tea Bag - you have misunderstood my earlier post - the cheeky git is in fact my mate and we were just having a bit of banter on here i.e. I loaned him my genny, for four hours, then he jokingly complains when I use the genny myself.
Hi.
I guessed as much, after reading the other posts,you cannot, "get the staff these days" LOL. Hope it all worked out for you both,i have a great time for the lads and girls at Regal and would go there again if the need arose.
Take care,stay well,stay lucky......
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back