Upgrading the van? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Over 70, how do I go about up rating the 3.5 ton van I have now?

colyboy

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Colyboy,
I'll try to answer your question,
The easy way to Uprate the weight of your van is to give SVTech (details below) a ring and they'll talk you through the procedure.
They will need all the details of your van (Make Model etc),including max capacity of front axle, back axle(s) and overall MGW. They will also want to know the make, construction, load rating and speed rating of your tyres.
They may ask you other questions I can't remember now.
From all the available info you give them, they will be able to say whether (hopefully) or not (Boo!) you can upgrade the weight of your 'van without doing anything to the construction and tyres of the vehicle.
Assuming that all's OK they will issue you with an uprated weight plate,
You send their findings off to DVLA and if you've been a very good boy and said your prayers, they will agree with SVTech and amend your Log Book (V5). Your VEL will REDUCE to about £165 per year (I still haven't worked that out

SVTech don't do this out of the kindness of their hearts. When I had mine done it was £250 +Vare And Tare.

SVTechs details;
SvTech Ltd, Chandler House, Talbot Road, Leyland, Lancashire, PR25 2ZF, United Kingdom.
Website; http://www.svtech.co.uk/
Tel; 01772 621800

Hope the above is of use and accurate???

The other way is much cheaper. You do the above somehow yourself.
(and if you can do it, can you tell me what horse will win the Grand National cos I haven't a clue about that either.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you haven't retained C1 then you need to get it back before you even think about uprating your van. It isn't automatic by any means.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back