Upgrading Payload Infrance? Anyone Know If This Is Possible? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello

Have seen a MH for sale in France that we may want to buy, it's French registered too and would remain so. It's a Ducato base with a 3500 kgs gross weight, we would want to upgrade to 4000 kgs in a similar manner as possible in the UK (SV Tech or direct with the registration authorities)?

Has anyone ever come across this or even done it themselves or even know if it is possible in France?

Thanks

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Go to your local DRIRE/DREAL office and ask them the question, they will probably give you the correct answer.

You could also go to a friendly Motorhome dealer and ask them the question as i'm sure some of the french motorhome owners have had the job done...

funkyfunky

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2013
Lassere-De-Prouille, Aude, France
Funster No
MH
c class Mercedes 310d FFB
Exp
I will tell you now, The Dreal will not do deals on this. They will not depart on the design figures of the manufacturer. I have dealt with them to register a Mercedes /FFB Manufactured camper and That had to have 4 off visual inspections

Best wishes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks.

Was hoping that someone had attempted this and had a definitive answer as we may be making the trek tomorrow morning to take a look.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back