Updating maps Tom Tom XL sat nav

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by woodstock, Apr 27, 2011.

1. woodstock

woodstock Funster

I have just paid to update maps on my computer taken my money then tells me I need to get a bigger sim card . This sat nav does not have a sim card any suggestions.

2. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

does sound odd! Have you selected the right unit when registering? Just to make sure it doesn't think you have a tom tom one, rather than XL?

I must admit, though I prefer to use tom tom - I have never yet been able to update any maps, as every time I try, the website appears to 'crash' and tell you to come back later- I am of the mind that they plan it that way!

3. olley

olley Funster

Hi some of the TT's have internal memory only and can't be upgraded, you should however be able to get a reduced size map which fits. I can get maps for mine which fit on a 1 gig card, but there isn't much room for anything else on a 1 gig card, so I upgraded to a 2gig, and that may be the problem, to many poi files.

Ian

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Having read about the problems people have had up grading maps on TT it was with bated breath, mains electricity and a strong wi-fi signal that I set about doing so on mine...

...it took a long time but all went ok...:thumb:

JJ