Updating maps Tom Tom XL sat nav (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
I have just paid to update maps on my computer taken my money then tells me I need to get a bigger sim card . This sat nav does not have a sim card any suggestions.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
does sound odd! Have you selected the right unit when registering? Just to make sure it doesn't think you have a tom tom one, rather than XL?

I must admit, though I prefer to use tom tom - I have never yet been able to update any maps, as every time I try, the website appears to 'crash' and tell you to come back later- I am of the mind that they plan it that way!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi some of the TT's have internal memory only and can't be upgraded, you should however be able to get a reduced size map which fits. I can get maps for mine which fit on a 1 gig card, but there isn't much room for anything else on a 1 gig card, so I upgraded to a 2gig, and that may be the problem, to many poi files.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Having read about the problems people have had up grading maps on TT it was with bated breath, mains electricity and a strong wi-fi signal that I set about doing so on mine...

...it took a long time but all went ok...:thumb:

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back