LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So the van was dropped off this morning to have the box changed out.. They are expecting the replacement to be delivered today,..

Did a walk round before handing over the keys and guess what.. Found the rear nearside corner at the bottom of the skirt has had a bit of a scrape !! :-(

Garage body shop is gonna sort that out hopefully but cannot see them being able to match the weathered grey colouring.
Think it will be a case for a couple of custom made carbon fibre caps to cover up the repair and hopefully prevent any further incidents further down the diesel bill :)

If anyone has any spare good luck, please please send it to us.. If it was not for bad luck we would have none at all !!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
good_luck_buddy_0.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If anyone has any spare good luck, please please send it to us.. If it was not for bad luck we would have none at all !!

Daren't, if I do that I would have none left for me & I might inherit your bad luck, I think you have enough of that every one on here. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Haven't got much Jaws but will share it with you and your woman x

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
To bring the original colour back to "weathered grey" skirts and such, go over the whole skirt with a hot air gun, not too close, but just enough to bring it back to black, or whatever colour it's supposed to be.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
are we safe to go to thetford bash or should we consider something safer
bungee jumping
wild camping on mars
being gassed in France
you get the drift

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To bring the original colour back to "weathered grey" skirts and such, go over the whole skirt with a hot air gun, not too close, but just enough to bring it back to black, or whatever colour it's supposed to be.
That works well on plastic stuff as it will draw the oil out of it ( further tip on this if you are doing it, as soon as you finish go over it with a rag covered in clean engine oil.. re-warm and let cool.. Then clean off with raw alcohol . It is a pretty standard sneaky trick used in the bike game as well as the car trade ;)

are we safe to go to thetford bash or should we consider something safer
bungee jumping
wild camping on mars
being gassed in France
you get the drift

LOL !!! You are proly on to something there !!!
Which reminds me.. Tickets SHOULD be on sale for the Bash from tomorrow

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have loads and loads of good luck and I am sending a lot of it to you, Mr Jaws... I hope you have an Android device to pick it up on...

I don't think an Apple device will cope.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now then JJ.. you KNOW I have an Android .. Bought specifically on your recommendation !!!

Mind you, currently having probs with that too now ( not the fone but the provider )

I have enlisted the help of Frankie with the trailer.. she is kindly being intermediary betwixt my self and the garage..

Looks like I am gonna have to abandon it and take the financial hit ( so another £800 to the ever growing cost of the trip to Spain :-( ) .. Now got to arrange to get there to collect the car

Am standing by to try and collect the good luck you are sending mate.. Thank you !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back