DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As I'm sure you've found you can't directly upload an .mp4 file to the forum - I've just tried and it rejects it. There are alternatives to YouTube but I have no experience of them.

It is possible to upload videos to Facebook and you could then post a link here to the page. Of course not everyone will be able to see it but those with a Facebook account will be. I can't advise how to do it, I only know it can! You can also upload videos to Twitter.

Edit: I've just done this on Twitter:

Of course only "Twits" will be able to see it! There is a limit on time - 2 minutes 20 seconds I think I saw somewhere, but given the standard of my video photography that is no bad thing. :)

Another Edit! It seems to embed itself like the YouTube videos do - so can everyone see it, even those without a Twitter account?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
As I'm sure you've found you can't directly upload an .mp4 file to the forum - I've just tried and it rejects it. There are alternatives to YouTube but I have no experience of them.

It is possible to upload videos to Facebook and you could then post a link here to the page. Of course not everyone will be able to see it but those with a Facebook account will be. I can't advise how to do it, I only know it can! You can also upload videos to Twitter.

Edit: I've just done this on Twitter:

Of course only "Twits" will be able to see it! There is a limit on time - 2 minutes 20 seconds I think I saw somewhere, but given the standard of my video photography that is no bad thing. :)

Another Edit! It seems to embed itself like the YouTube videos do - so can everyone see it, even those without a Twitter account?

Thanks @DBK I will not bother for now but I would have though a forum like this would have cracked this problem
I don't have a twater account or any thing apart from facetwat
Willdbill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What does this look like...

Well, that seems to be the answer, you can't simply embed a Facebook video. But if you click on the link it takes you to a Facebook page. :)

Edit: Having tried to paste the URL of a Facebook video here the problem seems to be the link is turned into something with [MEDIA] at either end. But by editing the link to remove the "https://" from the start the link itself is left, as shown below, but it doesn't embed. You can clickon the link below and it goes to Facebook, but that's not really the answer I think. Twitter seems a better option. Quicker to set up too.

www.facebook.com/john.laidler.37/videos/319052925111811/

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bill, I have had several people text me to ask how to put videos on here .. especially the @lugnutt I Will Survive one ... I havn't a clue and can't understand the answers. :(

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Bill, I have had several people text me to ask how to put videos on here .. especially the @lugnutt I Will Survive one ... I havn't a clue and can't understand the answers. :(
I think the most common solution is to use YouTube - in fact I've never seen videos posted here any other way. My Twitter video above might be a MHF first! (But probably not) :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would have though a forum like this would have cracked this problem
I think it's all to do with file sizes Bill.

I made a video at Lincoln Show 6 years ago. It's only 3 minutes long but it's 126MB.

You Tube is set up to handle such files but forums normally aren't.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Why would you want to stop it? It is one of my best "wobble-cam" videos! Taken while risking my life cycling one handed along an abandoned French railway line.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
No 'pop up' control panel when I watched it Graham.
I think there is a problem, it sometimes has a format like a letter box, cutting off the bottom. Refreshing the page seems to work but you shouldn't have to do that. On an Android device which I am using at the moment, tapping on the image displays the controls.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Oh Please! @movan :LOL::LOL::LOL: what are you's like cocker?!!..

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Will this work then... Dave and Sue Lugnutt took it of the females when we were at Malvern.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
@Wildbill - I used to do a fair bit of video-based work when I was teaching and I like the result of what you've done there - top marks to the cast and crew :).

Was it edited on a PC or on a phone app? I'm not very well up on phone stuff.

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have reluctenty used you twat

YouTube is probably the best on here as it just shows the video, without the Twitter rubbish my example showed.

Ten Hail Mary's on Sunday and you will be absolved for using YouTube!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have failed again... :(

Bill, once you got it on facebook how did you copy it to here?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have failed again... :(

Bill, once you got it on facebook how did you copy it to here?
I don't think bill put it on Facebook. I uploaded a video to FB and then tried sharing it and then copying the video URL. YouTube is much more effective though Twitter was probably the simplest of them all.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
there is another site called vimeo that you can up load videos to

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
That includes Facebook which didn't work for me - but I don't use Facebook so can hardly claim any expertise in it. :) It did work for Twitter though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back