Up & away with a Rod.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mandaxxx, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Mandaxxx

Mandaxxx Read Only Funster

:BigGrin:We are off soon for a year (or maybe longer) out in the MH. to start we will prob go up east (uk) coast a way across & down west coast, then who knows, we go wherever the wind blows!!!!
    We would like to have the chance to catch a few mackerel or ? while on ou journey, what basic fishing kit would we need and I mean basic!:Eeek:

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

A gardening pole, a piece of string, a bent safety pin, a jamjar and a piece of string.:BigGrin:

Have a wonderful time.:thumb:

3. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Hi Folks
    Rod,reel, a few sets of feathers, a few 100-150gram leads.
    A priest or small club to despatch your catch and a bag to carry them back to the van.
    You could also get a bag of wood chippings to soak in water then place on your barbie to smoke said mackeral. If the barbie doesn't have a lid then make one from foil MMMmmm:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

cheers....nige

4. Griffs

Griffs Funster

Hi.
    WE are looking to do the same as you in time, I used to go sea fishing many years ago and always caught mackerel from the boat using feathers.

I am thinking about buying a telescopic beachcaster from a local dealer, a lot easier to carry.

5. laneside

laneside Funster

laneside

Joy don't speak to em any more------ they are going to KILL them poor mackeral-------thats if they catch any.------ Good luck and enjoy

Alan and Lyndal

6. alan

alan Funster

mackeral

If you're going on the south west coast most of the carboots have a fishing stall ,I think I bought everything I needed to set up for under £20 :thumb:

7. cornishaich

cornishaich Read Only Funster

Quite true, I get all my tackle from the car boot at either Hayle on Sunday am or Rosudgeon on Wednesday Pm cheap as chips. Telescopic nah. just tie a proper cheap beachcaster to the roof rack :thumb:

8. rangitira

rangitira Funster

I picked up a cheap Telescopic and various bibs and bobs from RANGE, for under £20. Although I've caught a few from rocks, I've had more success from a boat (Falmouth Bay is a good place) Beware if you take a trip on a commercial boat some of them take your fish and grid it up to use as a "slurry" to attract big game fish to the boat. ASK before you cough up your dosh!