LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have just had i look round the van and thought TYRES so checked that none of the leds were red but check pressures anyway, all OK. Check spare, as new never been on the road. but now 10 years old. Two on front are 2012 and backs 2010 so hopefully wont need any just yet. Do i let it be or not?
Steve

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
For the minimal additional cost, I'd replace.

As a spare, you want peace of mind. Maximise your chances as the cost of it failing will be far more.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have just had i look round the van and thought TYRES so checked that none of the leds were red but check pressures anyway, all OK. Check spare, as new never been on the road. but now 10 years old. Two on front are 2012 and backs 2010 so hopefully wont need any just yet. Do i let it be or not?
Steve

Probably too late now, but you should rotate the spare onto a real axle after a couple of years so it has a chance to get some wear, although it doesn't matter so much if you are low mileage, as even the main road wheels will still be age expired, rather than wear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I changed all 4 tyres last year as they were showing sign of cracking but the fitter said spare was fine as was under the van and as never been used if wazoo for a spare if required to get us to a tyre centre bearing in mind that if is unlikely that we would attempt to change wheel on MH but probably call outbreakdown service

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I simply keep the best looking tyre as a spare when fitting new ones to the axles. I know it will be old but not as old as if it was the original spare & it would only be used to get me to a tyre depot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back