Unsympathetic public .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

A full timing couple's RV goes up in flames.. and the readers comments.. makes me wonder why people are so unsympathetic ... :Angry:

Story here http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/8981435.Aftermath_of_Seend_camper_van_fire/

and a comment from one tosser

..............and of course it is one less pain in the ar@e for us normal road users to be stuck behind!!

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
That's the mentality of some people Jim.
If they weren't stuck behind an RV (sorry campervan) they would be stuck behind something else. They have to be at the front for some reason. If it's so important to be ahead, leave earlier. Simple.

Craig

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Moronic, ignorant , green eyed buggers. If its called an RV its Called an RV wherever it is. :Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One can only hope they receive suitable retribution along the highway of life

I am not of religious persuasion but do believe the old saying 'god pays debts without a penny passing hands'. Karma rules !

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I don't go to church but was brought up with Sunday School and it's stayed with me. There is no compassion or feeling for our fellow man nowadays. I fear these people would all pass by on the other side of the street. Very sad.

Ivy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
One must remember to non motorhomers an RV is a recreation vehicle and so also is a golf buggy. to the enlightened ones it specifically refers to an American (yank tank) hee hee. Likewise a travel trailer is a caravan in English. Cross usage of English and American terms does not work. We feel sorry those people have lost their pride and joy/home others cant see that. Actually it looks like the fire was localised to the front engine bay.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Inbred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably never been north of Devises never mind knowing what an american RV is.How callous are they ?
He or she will probably be taking their brother or sister out tonight.

Regards, John P:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Same mentality as those who tear past Funeral Cortèges gesticulating because they have been held up.

It is apparently more common in the north according to a piece on "You and Yours" on Radio 4.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I drive a Renault Espace and it's surprising how easily you can lose it in a car park yet other motorists risk their lives getting past on the road because they don't like being behind what they think of as a van. :Doh:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Problem is, most people think of Motor homes in the same light as Caravan's and cars, temporary accommodation for holidays. These are the people posting comments, and type casting them, probably have nothing better to do.

Whilst true for many, for some it is their main place of residence and as such will have their most treasured possessions on board.

You have to have sympathy for the lost treasured items and the inconvenience that is going to be caused.

The RV itself is replaceable, the stress caused in having to do so, however temporary is something else completely.

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I'm just sat laughing at the idiot who talks about being 'stuck' behind us.....myn little beauty will happily pull over 70 in no time at all...:Eeek:

The only people that get stuck behind me are those that are wanting to break the law...:whatthe:

Isn't that one of the real problems in this country nowadays...that many (not all) are just selfish gits who's only thought is me,me,me?:Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Sign of the times I'm afraid, not only have we lost our culture, we have lost our sympathy for others as well.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i notice one village idiot cant seem to make up his mind......

Do be so daft. This is a very expensive holiday home and something you would not wish to live in 365 days of the year.

then in a further post he states.....

Looking at the sheer size of the thing, it's like a two bed cottage on wheels.

does he have a problem with folks who live in two bed cottages as well, or could he be a little envious ?

I'm surprised the reporter called it an RV.....it would typically be reported as a 'Winnebago' :Doh::roflmto:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
I drive a Renault Espace and it's surprising how easily you can lose it in a car park yet other motorists risk their lives getting past on the road because they don't like being behind what they think of as a van. :Doh:

Try driving what I drive - a JCB! I get some terrible hand signals from impatient morons. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Al

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
these morons are the reason i prefer to drive the motorhome late at night just me and the trucks that are doing 56 mph.
plus the odd scumbag in something they nicked.:Doh:

ps. i bet he drives an audi or bmw they're the impatient ones

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I drove past this on Monday and felt really bad for the owners. It was a horrible sight to see, and I can only imagine how gutted the owners who run the local camp site must be.
The comments are par for the course on the G&H website. You get some right numpties posting on there!

LBrown

Free Member
Dec 22, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
these morons are the reason i prefer to drive the motorhome late at night just me and the trucks that are doing 56 mph.
plus the odd scumbag in something they nicked.:Doh:

ps. i bet he drives an audi or bmw they're the impatient ones

You really shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush! I drive a bmw and yes I do overtake sometimes...usually the morons that travel everywhere at a bloody snails pace, looking out the side window or at the tw*tnav stuck to the windscreen, completely unaware that there is anyone behind them. And no, I'm not referring to caravans or motorhomes, just the ever increasing number of people on the road who have no business being behind the wheel of a car.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Unfortunately we live in a selfish world, probably encouraged by the media.
Isn't it strange how viewers get satisfaction by watching the likes of Alan Sugar, Simon Cowell and the 'Dragons' putting people down and publicly humiliating them.
Unfortunately, to some people, the misfortune of the owners of the RV was just more entertainment.

As for the debate on 'being held up' by certain vehicles, a MH with an unladen weight of 3050KG or a goods vehicle of over 2000Kg GVW can only do 50mph on single carriageway roads (including white van man!). A HGV can only do 40mph on the same road.
Mr angry driver should respect this! It's the law!
I travel 30K a year for my work in my transit, and yes, at 50mph. Why should I risk gaining points and losing my license for someone who gets out of bed habitually late and has to speed to keep their schedule?
The way I witness certain drivers behave makes your hair curl. Think how low the accident rates would be if all drivers considered others a bit more!

But of course, it would be 'my fault' for 'forcing him' to overtake by driving too slow when he had the head on with the Eddie Stobart truck!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I do wonder if the angriest drivers are the ones who actually believe the manufacturer's advertising.
The TV images of our designer-stubbled hero conquering the open alpine pass in his ultimate driving machine is an image which many people can be suckered into.
Unfortunately, British roads are quite the opposite and one can understand the frustration of only doing 50mph when you have shelled out lots of cash on the 'dream'!

Please note, there is no singling-out of any particular marque of car in this post!::bigsmile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I do wonder if the angriest drivers are the ones who actually believe the manufacturer's advertising.
The TV images of our designer-stubbled hero conquering the open alpine pass in his ultimate driving machine is an image which many people can be suckered into.
Unfortunately, British roads are quite the opposite and one can understand the frustration of only doing 50mph when you have shelled out lots of cash on the 'dream'!

Please note, there is no singling-out of any particular marque of car in this post!::bigsmile:

Ahem....................

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
You really shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush! I drive a bmw and yes I do overtake sometimes...usually the morons that travel everywhere at a bloody snails pace, looking out the side window or at the tw*tnav stuck to the windscreen, completely unaware that there is anyone behind them. And no, I'm not referring to caravans or motorhomes, just the ever increasing number of people on the road who have no business being behind the wheel of a car.

Am I supposed to be offended by this post ? I drive a BMW and its a flying machine!!!!!!:winky:
We must all love driving or we would'nt have motorhomes,rv's etc.
As quoted there are some right dickheads on our roads nowadays especially on the motorways but the odd one or two does'nt spoil my enjoyment of driving my rv.

Regards, John P:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

Jealousy is a secondary emotion and typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of presenting emotions such as anger, sadness, and disgust. It is not to be confused with envy.

In the context of of the typical depreciation levels of the average German-built autobahn-stormer, 'jealousy' might well be appropriate after all if one values their bank balance!

Each to their own though!

I did not wish to offend any owners of expensive cars, but was pointing out that parting with a lot of cash to buy into the dream (presented on one's goggle-box) might create levels of anger and frustration when the dream turns sour, stuck in a queue on a busy A-road!

I believe if someone wants to stretch the legs of their car, book a trackday and enjoy it without endangering others! This is something I have done plenty of times myself in the past.

I am not envious of anyone who dangerously overtakes me in a flash motor, I just feel sad for them.....................and their future victims.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back