Unsympathetic public ..

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by scotjimland, Apr 22, 2011.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

2. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

That's the mentality of some people Jim.
    If they weren't stuck behind an RV (sorry campervan) they would be stuck behind something else. They have to be at the front for some reason. If it's so important to be ahead, leave earlier. Simple.

Craig

• Like Like x 2
  3. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Moronic, ignorant , green eyed buggers. If its called an RV its Called an RV wherever it is. :Doh::Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

One can only hope they receive suitable retribution along the highway of life

I am not of religious persuasion but do believe the old saying 'god pays debts without a penny passing hands'. Karma rules !

• Like Like x 4
  5. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

I don't go to church but was brought up with Sunday School and it's stayed with me. There is no compassion or feeling for our fellow man nowadays. I fear these people would all pass by on the other side of the street. Very sad.

Ivy

6. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

One must remember to non motorhomers an RV is a recreation vehicle and so also is a golf buggy. to the enlightened ones it specifically refers to an American (yank tank) hee hee. Likewise a travel trailer is a caravan in English. Cross usage of English and American terms does not work. We feel sorry those people have lost their pride and joy/home others cant see that. Actually it looks like the fire was localised to the front engine bay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Inbred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Probably never been north of Devises never mind knowing what an american RV is.How callous are they ?
    He or she will probably be taking their brother or sister out tonight.

Regards, John P:thumb:

• Like Like x 3
  8. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

Same mentality as those who tear past Funeral Cortèges gesticulating because they have been held up.

It is apparently more common in the north according to a piece on "You and Yours" on Radio 4.

9. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I drive a Renault Espace and it's surprising how easily you can lose it in a car park yet other motorists risk their lives getting past on the road because they don't like being behind what they think of as a van. :Doh:

10. 400ixl

400ixl Read Only Funster

Problem is, most people think of Motor homes in the same light as Caravan's and cars, temporary accommodation for holidays. These are the people posting comments, and type casting them, probably have nothing better to do.

Whilst true for many, for some it is their main place of residence and as such will have their most treasured possessions on board.

You have to have sympathy for the lost treasured items and the inconvenience that is going to be caused.

The RV itself is replaceable, the stress caused in having to do so, however temporary is something else completely.

11. acting_strange

acting_strange

I'm just sat laughing at the idiot who talks about being 'stuck' behind us.....myn little beauty will happily pull over 70 in no time at all...:Eeek:

The only people that get stuck behind me are those that are wanting to break the law...:Eek!:

Isn't that one of the real problems in this country nowadays...that many (not all) are just selfish gits who's only thought is me,me,me?:Doh:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

Sign of the times I'm afraid, not only have we lost our culture, we have lost our sympathy for others as well.

Doug...

• Like Like x 4
  13. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i notice one village idiot cant seem to make up his mind......

Do be so daft. This is a very expensive holiday home and something you would not wish to live in 365 days of the year.

then in a further post he states.....

Looking at the sheer size of the thing, it's like a two bed cottage on wheels.

does he have a problem with folks who live in two bed cottages as well, or could he be a little envious ?

I'm surprised the reporter called it an RV.....it would typically be reported as a 'Winnebago' :Doh::Laughing:

14. algill

algill Funster

Try driving what I drive - a JCB! I get some terrible hand signals from impatient morons. :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

Al

• Like Like x 1
  15. aba

aba

these morons are the reason i prefer to drive the motorhome late at night just me and the trucks that are doing 56 mph.
    plus the odd scumbag in something they nicked.:Doh:

ps. i bet he drives an audi or bmw they're the impatient ones

16. errpaul

errpaul Funster

I drove past this on Monday and felt really bad for the owners. It was a horrible sight to see, and I can only imagine how gutted the owners who run the local camp site must be.
    The comments are par for the course on the G&H website. You get some right numpties posting on there!

17. LBrown

LBrown Read Only Funster

You really shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush! I drive a bmw and yes I do overtake sometimes...usually the morons that travel everywhere at a bloody snails pace, looking out the side window or at the tw*tnav stuck to the windscreen, completely unaware that there is anyone behind them. And no, I'm not referring to caravans or motorhomes, just the ever increasing number of people on the road who have no business being behind the wheel of a car.

18. carl65

carl65 Funster

loved the comments box at end of the article,:BigGrin:

19. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Unfortunately we live in a selfish world, probably encouraged by the media.
    Isn't it strange how viewers get satisfaction by watching the likes of Alan Sugar, Simon Cowell and the 'Dragons' putting people down and publicly humiliating them.
    Unfortunately, to some people, the misfortune of the owners of the RV was just more entertainment.

As for the debate on 'being held up' by certain vehicles, a MH with an unladen weight of 3050KG or a goods vehicle of over 2000Kg GVW can only do 50mph on single carriageway roads (including white van man!). A HGV can only do 40mph on the same road.
    Mr angry driver should respect this! It's the law!
    I travel 30K a year for my work in my transit, and yes, at 50mph. Why should I risk gaining points and losing my license for someone who gets out of bed habitually late and has to speed to keep their schedule?
    The way I witness certain drivers behave makes your hair curl. Think how low the accident rates would be if all drivers considered others a bit more!

But of course, it would be 'my fault' for 'forcing him' to overtake by driving too slow when he had the head on with the Eddie Stobart truck!

20. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

I do wonder if the angriest drivers are the ones who actually believe the manufacturer's advertising.
    The TV images of our designer-stubbled hero conquering the open alpine pass in his ultimate driving machine is an image which many people can be suckered into.
    Unfortunately, British roads are quite the opposite and one can understand the frustration of only doing 50mph when you have shelled out lots of cash on the 'dream'!

Please note, there is no singling-out of any particular marque of car in this post!:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 4