OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the money it cost if it was yours would you have left it like that?

nope.. and I'm guessing neither would the original owner.. we don't what circumstances have led to it being neglected :(

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our van was sold by Camper NE on behalf of a customer who had to give it up because of ill health. I would not be at all surprised if the Hymer owner had also suffered ill health but not wished or been able to sell the van on. If that is the case I hope that the owner recovers soon, is able to renovate the van and enjoys more happy years in it.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I would not be at all surprised if the Hymer owner had also suffered ill health but not wished or been able to sell the van on.

indeed..

the Hymer I just bought was owned by a gentleman in GT Yarmouth, it had been serviced, MOTed and Taxed for the past three years by Becks... but had done no millage , other than to get it back and forth from Becks.. Apparently the owner had been ill, but eventually had to admit he would no longer be fit to use it again.. so sold it to Becks .. very sad.

I think about him when working on the van.. just as he had obviously done.. sad.. but it comes to us all .. eventually

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Every day I drive past a house with an old Winnebago that is green all over and parked right in front of the house, at right angles to it is a Chrysler Voyager and beside those two is a Mercedes estate. All have grass growing through the wheels and haven't moved for years. Have never seen anything on four wheels that looks as if it is being used parked there but there are new wheelie bins beside the Winnie so obviously people live there.
Strange.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if the engine is not the reason it is off the road think if you put a battery on it would probably run
apart Frome maybe new brake pads and tyres think and the general thing's it could be a good van
I got a van it had been siting in a garden for ten year's hooked it up primed it with diesel started second turn
spent abut two days mot prep past with no advisory's I I just polished up the brake disks bedded them in agene
think I spent £200 in total on bit's and bobs
that van went all over Europe the uk hardly put a spanner near it got me to work as far away as the south of Spain and as far north as Denmark
used it when I worked in Holland and France
I MOT it three times over the time I had it and it laid up for two years before I sold it she went second turn of the key
to go on the transporter to be scraped :crying:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2014
Maldon Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I think it runs because when it gets moved in the garden there's no sign of it being towed.
I think it's B754 and it's a tag axle.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'm always fascinated by vehicles that haven't been used/moved for ages. Last year at my B-I-laws in Ramsgate , walking down to town centre there was a house with a Prefect 100E next to a Sunbeam Rapier , think it was, both light green as was the house. Although not gone to the dogs you could see that they hadn't moved in ages.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
You lot amaze me!!
Shame you don't work for the police. You could solve so many vehicle crimes. I'm surprised no one knows when the poodle is due for its jabs!

All that info gleaned from a simple photo. Hope you could locate my van that quick if it ever got nicked!

PS. I love @JimboT 's idea of MH SOS. A sort of charitable gesture for a Motorhomer down on their luck or health. Praps for a youngster that couldn't get out and about of holiday easily?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
given a reg number anyone can check vehicle status regards tax and mot ,its on the gov web site .
the poodle doesnt require any jabs at all unless it wants to come into uk. then it only requires the rabies jab . as its here already doesnt need that.
;)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
probably a sad story behind a van in that condition...
Probably the husband has died and wife does not want to get it out. There was a brand new van at the last show which was delivered and returned to the dealer unused a few days later, Medical problems the salesman said looking awkward, he meant, dead.
It was being sold a lot cheaper because it was secondhand but only days. Bargain for the person that bought it from them.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Probably the husband has died and wife does not want to get it out. There was a brand new van at the last show which was delivered and returned to the dealer unused a few days later, Medical problems the salesman said looking awkward, he meant, dead.
It was being sold a lot cheaper because it was secondhand but only days. Bargain for the person that bought it from them.

Accident, Divorce, ilmess, hospital, unemployment, might be problem with it and cant be assed fixing or have the funds........even a death. Could be anything!. Whatever the reason it will be a sad tale....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back