davant

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hello everybody, this is my first post and I really hope someone out there has a theory that may shed some light on a problem I'm experiencing.
We arrived home yesterday after a very enjoyable (2nd. only) weekend in our '95 Clubman GL, which we are chuffed to bits with. Whilst decanting all our 'tat' into the house I noticed a very wet patch in the carpet below the front edge of the wardrobe where it butts up against the end of the offside sofa. The Carver space heater is above and to the right of said area so I took the casing off the front of it which allowed me to look into the cavity below the wardrobe. The floor area was wet, not soaking, but discoloured from exposure to water. There is a 3" ventilation hole in that part of the floor for the heater intake ducting which runs through it and out of the vehicle underside. Surely it couldn't be rainwater from a very wet road being thrown up through this hole could it? I have no idea what else could account for it :cry:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Very unlikly to be rain-water thrown up from the road ..........try turning the pump on to pressurise the system and checking visually all pipe joints and the boiler for leaks.

Good luck,

Brian

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi probly to late now but, same thing happened to me on a very wet and windy night and I discovered that the rain was being blown into the roof flue vent and running down the pipe and out onto the carpet just in front of the heater. I replaced the vent (probly didnt need to) and stuck a bit of plastic on the top to give the top more overhang so hopefully it wont happen again:thumb:

Tim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back