lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
hi as you will know I am in the middle of the major rebuild of the ole girl.

just at the first fix stage before all the wall boards go on and the internal are built.

so todays question is about water I dont know what pump to run its going to be a pressured system so what psi do you guys and gals run and litres per min

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Whale (and other) submersible pumps work well on a pressurised system. My experience of the self-priming diaphragm pumps hasn't been good - they are expensive to rebuild / replace as well. Choose a high-output submersible & use an accumulator. If you need even more flow (and I don't know why you would :Smile:) it is easy to double up submersibles.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
check if the water heater has a max pressure rating and stay under that.
most are around 1.5 to 2 bar and 8 to 10 litres per minute.
obviously the less flow rate the longer your hot water will last in the dribbling shower :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
check if the water heater has a max pressure rating and stay under that.
most are around 1.5 to 2 bar and 8 to 10 litres per minute.
obviously the less flow rate the longer your hot water will last in the dribbling shower :ROFLMAO:
still not 100% on which heater Iam going to use I have the choice of a casade 2 (gas only) or a atwood 6gallon (gas only) dont know any specs about them as far as max pressure etc..

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
still not 100% on which heater Iam going to use I have the choice of a casade 2 (gas only) or a atwood 6gallon (gas only) dont know any specs about them as far as max pressure etc..

as the atwood is fitted to american RV's it will be rated at 45psi.
Other restrictions could be taps etc....european taps are generally only rated to around 30psi (2bar)

If i was starting from scratch i would certainly fit an Atwood or Suburban heater.

6 gallons (even US gallons) is obviously far better than 10 litres.

OP
OP
L

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
as the atwood is fitted to american RV's it will be rated at 45psi.
Other restrictions could be taps etc....european taps are generally only rated to around 30psi (2bar)

If i was starting from scratch i would certainly fit an Atwood or Suburban heater.

6 gallons (even US gallons) is obviously far better than 10 litres.
just had a look at the heaters i have the cascade is rated at 1.5 normal pressure and the atwood the only info i could find is the blow of valve is rated at 125psi so that one will pretty much take anything i throw at it. whats sort of flow rate should i be looking at I dont want a dribbly shower but on the other hand I dont want to empty the tank in 2 seconds flat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I went for the Shurflo 30 psi model. Been working fine for 4 years now. I gave up on the submersibles as I found them unreliable and weedy. I had 3 give up on me over a 3 year period.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back