Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Morning All,

I am replacing the lpg habitation tank on the RV....

Does anyone know what pressure regulator it should have on it?

So far I have found both 30 and 37 mBar.

The original is unreadable on the old "bus".:Doh:

Link RemovedLink Removed

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: 11 inches of water (Normal US Regulator) is equal to 27.399 millibar. I have used UK, German & Spanish regulators with no bad effects. :thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Phone Duncan at starspangled spanner would be my advise. When we had the old Dodge we needed new reg and filler. I discribed and he told me exactly what I had and promptly sent me the correct parts.

Last edited:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi Steve ..
................, however, if you have retained all the original gas appliances you need a MARSHALL 290 TWO STAGE REGULATOR - Side Vent, which has a higher flow rate than the standard bottle regulators .. .
jim

Ahhhh, now I'm curious!:Confused:

On my Kountrylite, although the oven is (thankfully!) a UK unit, I still have the American furnace and water heater fitted, and yet we run Calor propane from either 6KG or 19KG bottles with no problems at all. As far as I'm aware, the standard Calor propane regulator is the only one on the rig ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ahhhh, now I'm curious!:Confused:

On my Kountrylite, although the oven is (thankfully!) a UK unit, I still have the American furnace and water heater fitted, and yet we run Calor propane from either 6KG or 19KG bottles with no problems at all. As far as I'm aware, the standard Calor propane regulator is the only one on the rig ?

Hi Zazkar

I've also used a standard regulator with a Spanish bottle (before I fitted the extend a stay) , and it was fine, but it was summer and on EHU so and I wasn't using both hot air furnaces , water heater etc.. it also supplies the LPG for the genny which may account for the yanks fitting the bigger throughput regulator.

The one I pointed to is the one fitted to most RVs ..

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cheers all.

So it seems pressure isn't too important.

tI guess if it were very cold....(Do we get that cold in the UK):ROFLMAO: I guess the pressure would not be enough to sustain full efficiency on all the units ie Gas cooker. freezer,hot water and warm air systems.

I think I'll have a look at the 2 stage regulator.

I want to fit a 70 litre "underslung" one in place of the original unit.

Are there regs governing colour for habitation gas , as I've noticed lpg fuel ones are black and hab /vapour ones are red?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back