Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have 2 g/hounds, one is an ex racer the other was an abused hound, both mine are either on their short leads when out or if in an area suitable they are on their extendable leads, they both have 'friendly muzzels' as well they are never off lead as recall is not really something a hound adheres to if its seen something of interest. Bearing in mind that one of them was used to chase small furries its amazing the amount of people with those type of dog not having them on a lead and they shout 'its friendly' as it cannons towards mine, so are my dogs friendly but one of them sees small running furries as fair game. She accepts small dogs that have been properly introduced - Rosie Dellwoods dog springs to mind also my daughters jack russel that stays with us occasionally - she will watch rosie play and not try to chase her or try and get hold of her when she comes right up to her jumping up and down - but strangers a totally different gameball

and as an aside i think that dogs should be on a lead when out as that is the only way an owner will know where their dog has done its business so that they can pick it up, and most reponsible dog owners will know the approx times during the day when their dog will want to do said business.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
We are dog owners and i have seen the extending leads ( which imo should not be used in any public place ) wrapped around a childs legs and not only brig the child to the ground with a bump but leave really severe rope burns to the legs.

As for clearing up a dogs mess, always.

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Restrictions, rules, by-laws - we have far too many of 'em in my opinion.

Whilst I agree with almost everything that's been said in this thread about responsible dog ownership, the overall tone (which seems to me to be arguing for rules to compel proper behaviour) does worry me.

It may sound arrogant, but we don't need rules about how we control our dogs - I can safely say that ours are never allowed to cause anyone else the least inconvenience. There are many owners who aren't as diligent - some may be educated as to the error of their ways, but there will still be others who continue to offend (given my way I'd educate 'em the old fashioned way) but for heaven's sake let's just live with it, not more legislation, control, enforcement, call it what you will - it's a continuous process which erodes our freedoms - death by a thousand cuts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I must be very honest here and I'm sure the same might apply to other dog owners. I have been guilty of seeing Ellie poo quite a few yards away and when I go back to pick it up, I can't see the damned thing, especially if it's autumn and there are brown leaves everywhere. So what do I do, I bend down with the poo bag and pick up a few leaves or something so it looks as if I'm doing the job. What more can I do? Some might say keep her on a lead so you know exactly what she's doing but I'm not prepared to keep her on the lead constantly. I do my best but dogs exist and mistakes happen. Please also look where you're going. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Sadly with many people these days a comprehensive set of Rules covering every possible aspect of camping / dog control etc is an essential as so many people do not seem to have any common sense or appreciation of what or how their actions impact on others. So many people seem to take the attitude if its not in the rules its perfectly OK how many people do you see going far to fast through a camp site ?? recently on a site in Hants a driver was asked to slow down by the owner as he had been driving through at a ridiculous speed and his answer was there was not a speed limiit sign. Why do site owners have to put signs up to tell people NOT to use disposable BBQ's in contact with the grass. Why do people have to be told NO BALL Games - I despair when I see kids playing with balls on a camp sites - who is going to be happy if a ball hits their unit.

No rules = unruly campers - no rules make it difficult for warden and owners to instil basic common sense in to some or to eject others. To 99% of the campers rules are of no issue as it is all within their normal way of carrying on but sadly the other 1% need everything laid out for them.

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Must admit the ball games rule reminds me of a trick I played. We were at a site that was nearly all grass and really large with lots of room. Friends of ours were with us with their folding caravan. We had been enjoying a few beers and a meal when my friends wife asked for him to go over to their van and get her a cardigan. We had noticed earlier that there were some visitors to our country practicing their football skills the other side of his van from us but they were old enough to use some common sense and weren't being any bother. Once he was in his van I grabbed the soft ball we had for the dogs, nipped round the far side of his van, bounced it off a couple of times and legged it back. We thought he was going to explode when we saw him come out the door. He quickly calmed down when he saw the three of us laughing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back